Saturday, September 15, 2012

Orange Birds


I got to sew up some pretty birds in the air blocks on Thursday and my rainbow collection of them sure is growing! I think some nice browns and blacks are the last two colors I can think of but I'll wait patiently and see what color comes up for October, November and December. I really like how these look and can see myself doing a whole quilt of one scrappy color.... maybe green or blue as I have lots of them in my stash. Head on over to SoScrappy and see what other orange goodness has been worked on this week.

Next week of orange for me will either be some pumpkin place mats or making some schlep bags for the kids to bring their shoes to dance classes. I work a few more days next week in preparation for my parents coming down on the 24th. Today will be clean up the sewing studio for it's transition to guest bedroom. Grandma will take the kids for double kid Saturday and I convinced G that I needed this day without kids to get things prepped for my parents visit since I was stuck with the car last Saturday and did not get any 'fun' me time in my sewing room!

14 comments:

scraphappy said...

The orange blocks make a nice addition to your collection. Glad you are already thinking about what is left. Hope you have fewer scraps now than you did last year at this time.

Kath said...

hello Deb, I just came over from Soscrappy to see what you were making. I love these blocks and the ones in your header are just gorgeous.
Nice to meet you. Kath in England

Sarah said...

The orange does look good in your quilt, and Im absolutely loving the whole effect. Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

Jeanne said...

Your birds are soaring! It's a great scrappy quilt.

Cathy Tomm said...

They are so good looking. I love seeing the blocks together in one shot.

Kate said...

Your birds in the air blocks are beautiful. It's going to be a gorgeous quilt when you get it all done.

Cyn said...

your blocks are wonderful.
Enjoy your 'free' day.

Angie said...

Lookin' good! Hope you have some good sewing time before the parental visit.

Sheila said...

I love your orange birds blocks! All the colorful bird blocks look awesome together. I think the colors for October and November will be black and brown, too.

Quilter Kathy said...

I am amazed at how much light the orange blocks bring to the birds!

Teresa in Music City said...

Just LOVE your birds in the air blocks :*) The orange and yellow really sparkle it up a lot!

Kristie said...

Love how this is turning out. Orange is one of my favorite colors but I don't seem to have that much orange fabric in my stash.
Kristie

Elly D said...

OH WOW! Deb these are gorgeous, as is your whole project layed out. Love them!!

Lori said...

the orange birds and spinner blocks look so nice. (can I come steal them??)