Saturday, September 29, 2012

Orange Saturday

Last week I did manage to cut a bunch of 2 inch squares for the pile of colorful squares. I think that will be a fun quilt next year once I decide what to do with them.

Then.... I finally put my quilt hangers up in the dining room and have a fall quilt hanging right now. I decided I needed something more halloweenish so drew up this little wall hanging and have been working on it the last two days.


VtQuilter - Halloween quilt drawing
I used a combination of stencils from a kids Halloween package of colored paper and some cookie cutter shapes to make my blocks. I've used a combination of hand appliques to make these - plain needle turn by drawing a line around the cookie cutter on the candy corn, freezer paper on top on the pumpkins and freezer paper inside with the shape pressed under for the witches hat and ghost. I still need to applique the cat down and the top of the pumpkins. I pictured a checkerboard around and between the blocks and then a small inner border and then a pumpkin print for the outer border. I'm thinking an orange binding....... Oh, I also need to make the BOO and put that on the pumpkins.

Halloween Quilt - VtQuilter

Last night I finished the hand quilting on another of my QSAB blocks. I really like the borders on this one.
QSAB - VtQuilter



Close up - VtQuilter

What orange goodness have you been working on this week? Head on over to Angela at SoScrappy and see what others have been working on this week. I'm also going to hook up with Kathy on Sunday for slow stitching Sunday.

Grandpa and Grammy are visiting from Vermont this week so we are taking the kids bowling later this morning. Hopefully I can get some more sewing done and make some progress on this wall hanging today. Have a great weekend.




13 comments:

scraphappy said...

So cute! What a sweet design. Glad you found some time to be creative.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great looking Halloween wall quilt. It must have used some orange up. Fun to see your drawing before you really got started.

Kristie said...

Enjoy your company, I love to go bowling. I really like your wallhanging. You are very creative and I'm sure the kids will love seeing it also.

Have a wonderful and Blessed day
Kristie

Sheila said...

Cute Halloween wall hangings!
We have a few of the same orange fabrics. You can never have too many squares. haha

Teresa in Music City said...

My fingers are just itching to dig in and play in those square scraps :*) Cute quilt projects you've got in process!

Edith said...

Nice little Halloween quilt, it's going to look good on your wall.

Cyn said...

Wonderful design you drew. You are so creative. My but you have been busy! Have fun with company... family time is so special.

Angie said...

Cute Halloween quilt - looking forward to seeing the finished project!

Kate said...

Love your Halloween wall hanging, very cute.

Elly D said...

These are so cute Deb :)

Debbie said...

Cute projects.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a fun Halloween project you created! Fun to put the "Boo" on the pumpkins!
And you are coming along amazingly well with hand quilting your QSQA blocks! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Ellen said...

Such a cute Halloween project - very creative.

You have been a very busy girl!