Sunday, September 9, 2012

Slow Sunday (or Saturday as it was!)

I had a slow stitching on Saturday this week. The car had that 'check engine' light come on Thursday and Saturday was the first time I could get it in to be looked at. Good thing DH has the new truck for work that he uses now. It allowed me to pop the car seats into the Civic and leave the van in the driveway until I could get it in for a check. A new hose and gas cap and it is good to go. While waiting for the car for the 1.5-2 hours..... I got to stitch.
This hand quilting on the block is now finished.


I had to stop at Joann's on the way home and get some more homespun for prepping some more blocks to hand quilt. I have 4 in the queue that will get prepped for quilting later today after work. I also got some orange fabrics and some black polka dots for a pillowcase to send off to Kristie. You can read about that here. Those are my projects for this week - making pillowcases so I can ship them off to Kristie.


Go on over to Kathy's Quilts and see what others have been working on this slow stitch Sunday.

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Isn't that so great that waiting time for your vehicle resulted in a finished block?!? Great job!
I love that dotty fabric you bought for pillowcases!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

Cathy said...

I love the fabrics and colours that you used in your block! Isn't it fabulous to turn what could be wasted time into an opportunity to get a project finished? One of the many reasons why I love take along hand work projects.

Sheila said...

Pretty orange goodness. I have some of those : )

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I'm finishing my day by cutting some fabric for my hand piecing project. I am headed to Seattle in a couple of weeks and will have a lot of travel time to stitch. I hate just sitting and doing nothing

Kristie said...

Looks like you were very productive! :) Yay! Pillowcases! LOL!

Have a wonderful and Blessed day
Kristie

Rosa said...

Love your blocks and your fabrics choice.Could you put the detaill of your quilting?Thanks