Sunday, September 2, 2012

Slow stitching Sunday

It was a busy week for hand work and boy did my hand feel it.

I managed to get this applique done for my reveal yesterday.


I've also been working on this binding for the baby quilt.


Next up will be attempting english paper piecing of little tiny hexies for one of my midget blocks. Wish me luck and please pass along any tips as I have no clue how to really get started. I have visited a few tutorials but it seems there are a few different ways to do it. Thanks in advance.

8 comments:

scraphappy said...

When I did mine I uses a freezer paper template and some glue to hold the seam allowances down on the back side. I would recommend a small sharp needle, a thimble and silk thread if you have it. This block was a doozie for me! I was tempted to make the hexies bigger, but stuck with it. Good luck.

Kristie said...

Can't wait to see your new block! I love that applique and the fabric that you used. The other quilt looks so cozy and summery.

Have a wonderful and Blessed day
Kristie

Quilter Kathy said...

Your applique block turned out great Deb! Love the scrappiness of it!
As you may have noticed, I screwed up the code for the link up this morning, so can you relink your blogpost to show your photo? Sorry for the trouble...don't know how it happened, but I fixed it now.

Jeanne said...

Love your applique block! Wasn't it fun to do? The baby quilt is almost done. You're having a good week.

audrey said...

great applique work! and your baby quilt is very sweet. baskets are so irresistible!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your applique block is gorgeous. Have you been to paperpieces.com .
They have precut papers at reasonable prices and a lot of great ideas.

Dar said...

Such a nice applique block. I love the scrappy borders. Your baby quilt is one of my favorite subjects too -- baskets. Very pretty.

Karen said...

Love the applique piece. Is that a Lori Smith pattern?