Friday, January 17, 2014

A quick quilt......

It seems Miss Emily told her teacher we were making a quilt for her daughters first birthday party on Saturday. She informed me of this after school on Monday. Well, I had picked up some cream fabric with lots of colored dots on it a while ago from my LQS (local quilt shop - for Mom). I pulled a yard of two different pinks and let her select one. She wanted Jordan to have a quilt like her white and purple one... only a little bit bigger. This purple quilt was a gift from her grandfather's neighbor when she was born. Thank goodness it was an easy pattern. I just cut some strips at 4.5 inches. Sewed them together and sub cut. Sewed the four patches together and then made my rows. Added a border Thursday, found the backing in the stash (purple was requested by Miss Em) and did some stitching with the walking foot. A quick binding made and machine stitched to the front..... just some hand stitching to the back to go.

It has been another busy couple of days. I had promised we could go to the trail head (forest of trails for walking, biking and horse trails) for a walk on Wednesday and we did. They have been working on it over the last few months and there were big mountains of dirt on the sides of the horse trails. The kids loved walking on them.


Yesterday I had promised them bowling - so once they had lanes and all other things were done we headed out late afternoon. The kids each bowled a game and I need to go get their feet measured and new shoes. Yikes - they are growing. Aidan beat Emily by a pin - 82 to 81 with bumpers up but no ramp. They did pretty good.

I would show a picture of my Quilters Scrapbook but someone (a black and white four leg creature who will remain nameless) had been in there and it looks similar to this. All the sashing rows are attached to each row.... and then I ran out of bobbin. Hopefully I can get that all attached later tonight and make some progress tomorrow morning. For today.... hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go.



7 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

So glad Jordan's quilt is almost done! Glad you have had good weather for hiking! Can't wait until we enjoy those kinds of days again. ~Jeanne

Moneik said...

I love when a quilt comes together so quickly. Great job finishing it so soon.

Ellen said...

Emily knows the importance of giving and receiving a quilt. Too bad she didn't give you more time! :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Interesting layout that your 4 legged creature made!! LOL

Sheila said...

Cute baby quilt :)
Had to giggle while I read your post today. Apparently there's never a dull moment at your house.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Busy times at your house. Glad that gift quilt is coming together quickly! Hope you have time for some quilting this weekend!

Gina said...

Don't you just love it when your kids volunteer you. I can't believe how much they've grown. Time flies when you 're out of blogland for a bit xxx