Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Progress....

It is Wednesday. Oops... I missed a Tiny Tuesday post. I've been concentrating on the Quilters Scrapbook quilt so will catch up next week when it is done!
Monday I finished the last two blocks and cut out the frames for them. Tuesday I decided light blue as my accent color and cut and sewed up the paper pieced parts.
Wednesday - I sewed the sashing together and put the paper pieced parts together. Now I can see where this quilt is going. This is how it will look........  the light blue is a little washed out in the photo but looks better in person.


now to finish off the sashing and sew this part together. The outside border with dark blue and cream is really going to set this quilt off.

Somehow Monday Miss Emily informed me that she told her teacher we were making a quilt for Jordan for her first birthday party on Saturday. Ummmm. We are? We decided on a quick pattern - 4.5 inch blocks in two colors. She picked the pink to go with a nice cream with dots. Just need to quickly sew some rows together and pop the border on. This will just be a quick quilt through the squares and then pop the binding on. Hopefully I can get it done by the party on Saturday afternoon. I plan to hand sew that binding down at work on Friday.... shhh, don't tell the boss. Oh right, I am the boss =) The advantage of owning your own business! I am swapping work days with hubby so I can take the kids to the birthday party on Saturday and he can have kid time on Friday.

 Back to the sewing room for me. Let's see what I can get done in an hour before I have to pick up a kiddo from school. Then lunch and lots of HIPPY lessons before picking up second kiddo from school. Emmy and I will pull the papers off while waiting in the car line. No speech today since her teacher has a doctor appointment. I believe I promised we could go to the trailhead for a nature walk this afternoon, which will tie in nice with one of the HIPPY lessons. Then we'll have to use up some apples so an apple crisp will get made this afternoon as well. Yesterday the kids helped to make meatballs to go with our spaghetti sauce. Everyone had seconds so I guess it was a hit. Then it will be two days off school for the boy while his sister has classes in the morning. Think I can talk him into helping me sew tomorrow morning? Hmmmmm. Off to sew.

3 comments:

scraphappy said...

It is coming together nicely. Promising a surprise birthday quilt for Saturday? Somebody has a lot of faith in Mommies abilities! Good luck getting it done it time.

Ray and Jeanne said...

I'm always amazed by how much you accomplish! I'm sure Miss Emily's announcement about a quilt thru you off for a minute or two. And then you just adjusted! Good luck getting it done - I'm betting you do! ~Jeanne

canuckquilter said...

Quilter's Scrapbook is looking good! Isn't it nice that Emily has already figured out that quilts are special? Eventually she'll give you more lead time for the construction of them :)