Sunday, January 12, 2014

Weekend wrap up...

It is the second Saturday in blue for the rainbow scrap challenge and I have not done very much sewing. Oh well, there is still time in the month to get the blue scraps used up a bit more. I am just trying to get back into a school routine and it has been a little strange this week. Greg was home with me until Thursday when he went back to work. It is not normal to have him home for getting the kids ready for school and doing the drop off and pick ups. I had doctor appointments Monday and Tuesday he got to drive me to and then we headed to a conference in Orlando for Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday was my day to finally get back to my normal kid routine and errand running.  I got my month end finished this week for work and dropped it to the accountant Friday and had a nice chat with her. Saturday was Greg's Birthday and Sunday was our family cake and ice cream gathering. Too busy to sew =(.

I did manage to make a sampler block or two Angela posted this week. They used up some blue scraps in the bin. I also made a couple more hexie flowers which I hand pieced. I think I like hand piecing them better than doing the English paper piecing method. I need to pull some more blues and prep a few more - these are taking me about 30 minutes to put one flower together. I know this because I did one Monday waiting for 30 minutes at the doctors and the second on Tuesday waiting for the doctor. =).

My ongoing hand applique project is these little orange peels. I've decided to frame the X blocks with color and the O blocks with creams. I am working on the peels that will go around the border for this quilt. I love how it is coming out and my little baggie of peels lives in my purse so I have them wherever I go.


I'm hooking up with SoScrappy for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and Kathy's Quilts for Slow Stitching Sunday. Go check them out and see what great projects are being worked on out in blog land.


9 comments:

scraphappy said...

Sound like a super busy week. Glad you've got some hand stitching to keep you busy with all that waiting for doctors. Great looking sampler blocks! Hope the school routine gets back to normal, it is hard to go back after vacation.

Karen said...

Looks like even though you was busy you made some very nice blue blocks. I love how your peels are turning out,

Cathy said...

I see you are still working on orange peels this year for RSC. They are so cute and tempting. Hope it's nothing serious that is keeping you busy with doctor's visits.

Jo said...

Hexes are good and portable hand stitching

Quilter Kathy said...

You know I just love those peels! I am fascinated by the idea to border the blocks and can;t wait to see how the layout will look.
Hope all is going well with your appointments.
Thanks for linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching!

Elly D said...

You have some beautiful blue scrappy sampler blocks made and such cute peel blocks done ! Great going!!

Ellen said...

Even with such a busy week you did manage to get a lot done.

I haven't tried EPP but I do know that I like hand piecing. Glad you found a way that works best for you.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Hard to imagine sewing hexies any way other than with papers ... but then I'm a newbie to hexies (and EPP). Do you mark your stitching line?

Sounds like you had a busy week ... at least you were able to get a little work done this week.

Sheila said...

Your orange peel blocks are perfect. I hope your doctor visits go well.