Sunday, January 26, 2014

Slow stitching Sunday.....

Today will be sent prepping some more hexie shapes in blue for more hand pieced flowers. I tried English paper piecing for my first flower but found that just standard hand piecing was more fun for me. I have a plastic hexie with 1 inch finished sizes and then drew 1/4 inch all around it on some paper. I really need to do that onto a template plastic so it will last longer. I use that to trace around the wrong side of the fabric and then cut it out. Then trace around the hexie in the inside.
After work last night I did these six flowers to join the others I had made this month. I think I want at least another two flowers for a total of 10 blues for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.



One boy will be returned from Grandma's soon so he can visit with Grandpa A when he comes over around 11. Then it is a birthday party later this afternoon for both kids to attend and run around and get some energy out. I see some slow stitching later this evening to relax before another busy week starts.

Head on over to Kathy's Quilts and see what other slow stitching projects are being worked on today.

11 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Very pretty flowers being grown there! I like hand piecing too! Enjoy your slow stitching today and thanks for linking up!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Nice to see your lovely blue flowers. Hand piecing is something I want to try on my next quilt.

canuckquilter said...

Even just with blues you already have a nice variety of hexie flowers. Hand piecing is on my list of skills to learn. You just might inspire me.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Those hexies are so precious! I love the pop from the yellow center! I prefer EPP but one of the things I love best about quilting is that there are so many ways to create a work of art (quilt).

genie said...

Like your little hexie flowers. Your hexie cutting guide sounds nice.

scraphappy said...

So cute -- what sweet little hexies.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Lovely blooms! :)

Moneik said...

It seems there is always so much going on that it is nice to slow down and do a bit of relaxing stitching.

Linda said...

Your hexies look great. I have some growing at my house but not sure what I'll be doing with them yet. Have fun with them...

Kristie said...

They look great! You get soooo much done. ;)
Kristie

Sheila said...

Good grief. I missed your hexies post. Love those bright yellow centers. They made me long for warm weather.