Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday, Monday....

I've been busy trying to get my green, blue and brown little squares all sewn into their 100 patch units. I need twelve of them...  yes, that means I did cut out 1200 squares to make these blocks.  The good news...... all the fabrics came out of my fabric scrap bins with a few parts pulled from the closet of fabrics. At this point I have 10 of them done... which I think is enough to figure out which two colors I will use for my borders. I am pulling a cream and an indigo blue from another project..... but the decision needs to be made for my other color. Do I use light blue, green, or brown....... decisions, decisions. I have all my paper piece parts cut out and marked... I just need to make the final decision and start cutting so I can get this together. Lets see how much I can get done in my free 2.5 hours of kid free time over the next few days......
So far the instructions are very clear and well written. Fingers crossed that it sews up nice and easy. This is the original pattern and quilt over at Canuck Quilter. A beautiful quilt... I can't wait to see mine finished! She will have the pattern for sale very soon...... this truly is a great scrappy quilt.


5 comments:

Sheila said...

I love these blocks of tiny squares. What can I say. I LOVE blocks of squares.

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh my goodness Deb! What beautiful little scrap blocks :*) And you're right, the pattern is so pretty. Done in your colors, it is going to be stunning!!!

scraphappy said...

Your colors are just beautiful. I can't believe you sewed all those squares individually. The lattice is going to be beautiful!

Maggie ST said...

How small is each square?

Kristie said...

Hey CRAZY LADY! That is a bunch of little squares! LOL! You are fast!
Kristie