Friday, January 31, 2014

Finishing blues and starting pink!

I was able to organize a few more blues and cut them into usable strips before I called it done enough and put the rest back into the bin for the next time a  blue shade comes up. Here are all the RSC Sampler blocks from the month of January.

My churn dashes and my hexie flowers in blue.


I just started pulling the pink yesterday and have prepped five hexie flowers for some hand work this weekend. I started the first one in the pick up line today.


They are saying the temps should be in the 80's Saturday and Sunday. I don't believe them - today was to hit 72 and it is damp and in the 50's. Tomorrow I get to work and do my month end paperwork while Daddy is on kid duty for the day and bringing one kid to a birthday party in the afternoon. If it is warm Sunday - we may try to take the kayak's out after dropping the kids to Grandma's for the day. If not.... I want to pin and quilt my blue and cream log cabin quilt. The best scenario - I would get to do both!

Head on over to Soscrappy on Saturday for the RSC link up and Kathy's Quilts on Sunday for Slow stitching Sunday. Both are wonderful blogs with some great inspiration linking up to them.

15 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I know I say it every time, but I'm just in love with those churn dashes and hexie flowers! Swoon!

scraphappy said...

Such a great blue collection. Nice month's worth of work! Looking forward to seeing the pink blocks come together.

Moneik said...

Great job on getting so much done. I had goals of getting some blue blocks done, but that didn't happen. Maybe I'll do better with pink.

Angie said...

Oooh - warm enough for kayaking? You ARE being optimistic!

Your blue blocks look great!

Have a great weekend, kayaking or not!

Jo said...

Hope you get heaps done

Sheila said...

Beautiful blue blocks, Deb. Great month!

Nell's Quilts said...

Good job on the blue blocks - such nice variety. And now it's time to think pink. Angela certainly has a challenge for us with the baby nines.

Joanne said...

You have really done well with the blues. The churn dash blocks are especially attractive. I'd settle for sunshine. We have had so much snow and grey day after grey day.

Andee said...

Looking good!

make.share.give said...

Nice! Love the flower garden around the churn dashes.

Debra said...

Your colors are beautiful! Weather sounds good to me in NJ!! LOL

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

You sure knock those blocks out. Not so successful here, but plan on changing that this week. I need to get my hexie box out this afternoon, and see what I have in the pink category.

Gina said...

love all your blocks xx

Quilter Kathy said...

Your hexie flowers are so pretty... I can't wait until I see real flowers again :)

Cathy said...

Just catching up on all RSC posts. All the blue blocks are looking good. Looks like just enough scraps used before the color change.

Hey, I thought you were in VT from your blog name! I know it's not that warm there yet.