Saturday, January 18, 2014

Saturday in blue....

It is blue over at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month. I have not had too much time to dig into my bins to find blue but I have been playing along with the sew along and have six blocks completed. You can find information on this here.



I'm also showing some progress on my quilters scrapbook - I got the sashing rows attached despite the 'help' from the cats. I hope to get some good sewing time in later this evening and tomorrow to get all my outer rows made and attached. I do love working with blue and that dark blue has such a nice feel. I got it from Connecting threads - antique cream and indigo blue. The light was from the stash. All those little squares were from my scrap bins. A true scrap quilt. Joanne has wonderful instructions and the patter should be on sale very soon. I've provided a link to her website above to check out her's. Poke around there as she has some beautiful quilts to show.


First thing this morning the kids wanted to make their 'calming jars' that I had shown them on facebook a few days ago. Not sure how 'calming' they will be but it sure did entertain me yesterday at work! I made the purple one there and kept going out to the floor of the store to shake it and watch the glitter move. Lessons learned - use warm water so the glitter glue will work into the water better. Don't add too many drops of food coloring (5 red and 5 blue is way too much for purple - lots of dilution went on!) I used two drops for the kids and it was much better. Em had red and Aidan green. It looks better when the glitter is a different color from the dye. The instructions can be found here.

Head on over to SoScrappy and see what other wonderful scrap projects are being worked on this week. I'll warn you - you are going to want to make a bunch of them =). As for us - we are headed to a 1st birthday party at the park. It is a chilly 50 degrees - I think some hot cocoa when we get home will be the perfect thing.


13 comments:

Andee said...

Blue blocks look great!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love your little blue blocks! The quilter's scrapbook looks great, is that sashing hard to do? Looks intricate!

make.share.give said...

Very nice! Still loving the attic window block.

scraphappy said...

Loving your sampler blocks! Followed the link to the calm down jar and found the cutest recycled crayon idea. So many crafts!

Marly said...

Nice blue blocks.

Gina said...

I love those glitter jars. Going to have to make some for me!
I think I might join in the rainbow challenge as I love the look of your blocks xxxx

ratama said...

I love the sashing on your scrapbook quilt. Great work!

Jo said...

Your quilters scrapbook blocks look great

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I think I need to gather up the supplies for calming jars ... is that something littles could help with? It might make a nice project for Monday morning with the Ts ... when Mama works until noon.

I love your blue blocks (of course, blue is my favorite color!).

Ellen said...

Your blue blocks look great and your quilt is coming along quite nicely.

Kate said...

Your sampler blocks look great. Quilters Scrapbook looks good. I like the setting you are using.

Cathy said...

That is a gorgeous border.

I saw those calming jars on blogs a few years ago. Weird.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Pretty RSC blocks! That is some thin sashing on your quilt... Very eye catching.