Monday, December 27, 2021

2021 Recap

It has been a year! Not as many finishes as I normally get but I seem to have moved to more hand stitching which does indeed take a wee bit longer to complete. The Ravelry quarterly challenge did help a bit until this last quarter when my mojo seems to have left the building! The Table Scrap Challenge was also a nice quick 'finish' each month with some scraps or orphan blocks being mostly made into placemats for the table. In no particular order I pulled these from my Facebook album of 2021 quilts. I found a few years ago it was a great way to organize my finishes and so easy to just pull the photos for this post!

I have a handful more of these from the quilt shop hop a few years ago. Maybe the 'kit' box will get some attention in 2022?


My 2020 RSC quilt. I believe one of my girls in our troop claimed this one as hers.


Hand quilted my hand pieced quilt along quilt from 2019 this year.


One of the table topper challenges with some extra basket blocks. Hand quilted.




RSC blocks sewn up into some donation baby quilts this spring.

More RSC blocks for a donation baby quilt with a chicken to boot!


The last niece/nephew graduation quilt happened this year for Charlie. 9 total in the last 10 years I believe. This is a long twin size.

A table topper - hand quilted.

A table topper machine quilted.

Leftover table topper from Sally's graduation quilt - machine quilted placemat

Hand pieced and hand quilted this year Flowering Snowball. (36x48)

A leftover block became a little table topper for a candle mat.

Churn Dash blocks were finally finished off and shipped to my niece for a wedding present this year (only a year late!)

Nine patches has been sitting for over 20 years and got finished this year. The cat loves this folded on the bottom of my bed for his sleeping quilt!

A fall sew along that got hand quilted and finished in the same year! 


Another table topper with some extras.

A placemat in greens.

A placemat in orange. The table is pretty colorful with all these placemats on my wooden table! I love it.

The hand work projects not completed but worked on this year - the Hexagon QAYG which I did fall behind on. I think I need to prep the last 17 for the month of December and get them all stitched up so I can start putting all these hexagons together! I did start putting them in groups of 4 to help get a start on assembling this quilt. Well over 333 of them in this photo. The goal was one a day for 2021.



One block of the Hand pieced Quilt along - Harmony for 2021. I do have the other 3 mostly prepped and in process. Will I get them finished before the next one starts? Time will tell.

I guess I did get a bit done this year! I have to think of what I want to 'do' in 2022. I know I am joining one sew along that starts in January. I have the book and the background white fabric for it and will pull the rest from stash.  I'll continue the RSC.... but I think I will make 'easy' blocks - like nine patches (small for potential jacks chain?) and/or 16 patches this year and then continue the butterfly blocks I started this year. Maybe try one of my new Accuquilt dies per month to play with them in conjunction with the table scrap challenge or the RSC? Lots of things running through my head so we will see what comes of it. It will be as much a surprise to me as it will be to all of you I think!

Wishing you a last week of 2021 that is happy and healthy.

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So fun to see all your finishes for the year, Deb - big and small! I love the colorful Table Scraps mats and placemats, and your rainbow of RSC quilts, too. This time of year, it's fun to dream about what we'd like to make in the new year - I'll enjoy seeing what you decide on!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

considering you are doing a lot by hand you have finished a lot of spectacular quilts!!

Julierose said...

You've really gotten a lot done in 2021;;I love your little extra baskets and those hexies...all lovely...nice work hugs, Julierose

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You got so many fabulous projects completed this year. I look forward to seeing what all you accomplish in the upcoming year. Happy New Year.