Sunday, December 5, 2021

Weekend wrap up!

 It sure has been a busy weekend! Saturday started off with horses and Emily's riding lesson. She did not ride last weekend as they were all at a show. She was happy to see Reba and get a workout.



We delivered lunch and then the boys pulled the lights to decorate the outside of the house while we packed for the Drive in Campout with girl scouts.


There were over 600 girls there for the night for an evening a tenting, movies and general fun. It did get a wee bit cool - down to 49 F and damp with fog.  This was a shot this morning around 7AM. I got a good 3 dust pans of sand out of the tent when I set it up in the yard late afternoon to let it dry and air out for a bit! My co-leader coined the term 'Sand is Florida's natural glitter' this morning. There was sand everywhere! I have opened and shook off amazing amounts of sand in the driveway from the tarp, moving blanket we had set out, 2 quilts and the mummy sleeping bags... oh, and the chairs! Very thankful for the tray in the back of the CRV that collected a nice amount of sand as well. The car is due for wash and vacuum this week I think. 



Emily was in there - in her mummy bag covered with the quilt laying out on the blanket watching the 3rd movie of the night. There were 5 =).



This is the back of the t-shirt for the event. I love that she organized it by service units. Joining Rivers and Land of the Silver Moon are both based in Ocala. I'm not sure on the rest.

After a couple hours of nap this afternoon (I was up all night Saturday and did not sleep well Friday night), opening and getting the sand out of everything and putting things away I'll relax with a few hand quilting stitches on my Endless Diamond quilt. I started quilting this one on Thursday but have not made much progress yet. 


Linking up with the other slow stitchers over at Kathy's Quilts.




3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you had a good time with the campout! your quilt is coming along pretty good

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I bet the girls had a blast! I wouldn't have slept much either, though. Hope you're catching up tonight!

Quilter Kathy said...

I thought you were camping in the snow for a second there! I hope the endless diamond quilting brings you endless pleasure!