Sunday, December 12, 2021

Sunday.... stitching of various types...

I have been slowly working on hand stitching and quilting these Hexagons all year now. I was thinking one per day but life happens and occasionally I get behind. I have stitched all through November 30 and prepped a bunch for December in blacks yesterday. I do love that cat print at the bottom - it was the backing of Aidan's baby quilt from 13 years ago and I am almost out. I just have a little rectangle of it left. I have a few more black prints to use for the rest and then will swap to some grey's.



This is the collection and most are stitched into their groups of 4 by color.


These are the extra's - from months not divisible by 4. I have a feeling there are a few more hiding somewhere....

I started this afghan for Emily a couple of years ago. Think I should work on finishing it up for her for Christmas? I started going around the edge to make it a little wider at this point. It seems she has grown in 2 years and wants it a little wider and longer now! It is a pretty light purple in a Caron yarn but the photo does not show it well. 


I'll have the scissors out and will be cutting down jeans and some heavier weight shorts for a Memory quilt today. Sigh... Christmas is approaching really quickly. Other than a few errands (Publix to grab a Prime Rib and Joanns for denim needles and a present for girl scouts tomorrow night), picking up the front rooms for our gs holiday party tomorrow night I will be stitching and cutting. I hope to have Greg do the kid pick up tonight so I get a few more hours at the house.
Linking up with Kathy and the other Slow Sunday Stitchers.

 

8 comments:

Julierose said...

Busy days leading up to Christmas!! I am looking forward to seeing your quartets of Hexies come together ; nice work hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your hexie project looks like the perfect place for the last little bit of the cat fabric - a good memory! Good luck with getting things done on the denim quilt. Is it meant to be a Christmas present?

Kim said...

The thought of stitching one hexie a day, all year, is rather comforting to me. I like the sound of a memory quilt. Enjoy your day.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that is going to look so pretty when you get the hexies put together - how large (or small ) do you think it will be? I was going to start a hexie project and have barely been able to get going on it - maybe in the new year.

Miaismine said...

Your hexies look wonderful! I'm still making mine (inspired by your post) and have fallen about 5 days behind. I'm so eager to see how your set of 4 come together. That design is new to me. Very pretty!
Lovely afghan!

Chris said...

Slow and steady wins the race. I never even started yet.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Lots Of wonderful fabrics in your hexies!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I did some cutting yesterday, too, but left the wayward shirts to deal with another day. Hoping those jeans were better behaved and you got them all cut!