Sunday, December 19, 2021

Slow Sunday...

I am not working on what I should be at all this weekend. Sigh. I have mentally pushed back the memory quilt for a possible end of year finish. We will see how that goes. 

Instead it was cookie baking yesterday and decorating this morning.  (Hershey kiss cookies, sugar cookies, crinkle cookies) The boy got a much needed hair cut. I took a trip to Market of Marion for some fresh produce and realized I much prefer it Friday at 9AM than Saturday at noon! 

Way too many people there at that time. I did stock up on a lot of things for future meals this week. Veggie lo mein Monday, I'll bake the eggplant into the first few steps for lasagna but I'll just make them into individual pizza's I think... if I don't eat them all right off the pan! I had a yummy tomato (tasted like a tomato) for lunch and one went into the taco salad with the lettuce for Grandma's this evening. Aidan is making guac for his lunch today. I have yet to try the daikon radish - that might go into a prepped veggie tray for my afternoon snacks in the fridge.... if the carrots, celery, pepper, cukes and cherry tomato are prepped for snacking I will eat them! 

Right now I am relaxing with a few crochet stitches into Emily's afghan. She might finally get it completed for Christmas! It has only taken me 2 years and a month so far.  I did a single crochet all around it and now I am doing a double crochet. I'll probably add a couple rows of that to make it the size she wants. The original pattern can be found for free here at Mama in a Stitch.


Linking up with the other slow stitchers at Kathy's Quilts. 

8 comments:

CathieJ said...

Your afghan is very pretty and those veggies look very fresh and delicious.

AnnieO said...

The veggies do look very pretty there in your pic! That reminds me of some mushrooms that can't wait around too long!
Pretty crochet.

Jenny said...

Theres nothing more tasty than fresh veggies! Do hope you get that crochet done in time for Christmas.

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful crochet! Hope you have Happy Holidays!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

This time of year there are so many "have tos," it's hard to get to the sewing ones. Your marketplace looks like a great place for fresh veggies - enjoy! And hopefully you can enjoy some crocheting today, too.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I know Emily is going to be thrilled if you finish her blanket in time for Christmas. Stitch like the wind, Deb!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful veggies and you will get done with the crochet - it just takes awhile

Julierose said...

What a lovely soft color you are crocheting with for Emily's blanket...
I have closed up my sewing room for the most part and just trying a few bits and bobs for fun--no big projects until after the holidays...
Hugs, Julierose