Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Hexagon QAYG......


 I prepped a few more of the hexagons yesterday while listening to an audiobook. I have been listening to the Charlaine Harris - Aurora Teagarden series and I am on the last book she has out in that series. Time to find a new series to listen to on Libby! It's free with my library card... but it is frustrating when you start a series and not all the books are available to listen to. I might have to get Audible to listen to more books in the Jennifer Ashley series about Kat Holloway. I really like the 4 books and the accent of the person reading it. Looks like there are 3 books in that series I have not listened to yet.

I checked back and I had originally prepped 14 in blacks. Hmmmm. I have 3 set of 4 and one other single from that batch which means 13.... I am missing one! I prepped 8 grey and another 4 black ones yesterday. Once I find that missing one (I wonder if it fell under the recliner as a 'cat toy'?), that will give me 26 for December. I'll prep another 2 black ones and then I'l probably see what I need to 'finish' up my odd sets of hexagons from previous months that were not divisible by 4.... so every month but February!

Last day of work for me. Tomorrow Emily and I are planning to go kayaking at some point. We also need to finish the garden and plant for 'cool weather' which is essentially anything I grew up in VT in the summer! The boys need to finish rebuilding the ramp into the shed and then will test out the little finishing motor boat a friend of Greg's has lent to us on Friday. Pretty quiet here. I nixed the 'visiting and exploring' I was hoping to do on this break with the surge of infections happening so we will maybe just hit the trail head for some hiking instead this weekend.

I got my booster shot on Sunday.... I was a little surprised when I logged on to sign up for one that they had an opening that afternoon! I took it and just felt a little sluggish on Monday afternoon. 

Stay safe out there.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I started a new trio of audio books from my library and thanks for mentioning it - the first book came in from the series and I downloaded it but haven't listened to it - I need to get busy before the next two come in - it is by David Baldaccio
love your hexies

The Joyful Quilter said...

I need to sign up for my booster in the next week or so. Good luck finding that "cat toy", Deb! Peanut strikes, again. LOL!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So glad you were able to get your booster! Sounds like you're really keeping up with those hexies pretty well. Making 365 of them is a big job! I've been using Libby for audiobooks, too, and it's handy, but just like you said, my library doesn't always have the particular books I want. That can be frustrating! Hope you enjoyed kayaking!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Great photos. I just love kayaking though I have never gone this time of the year. Too cold here . I like to paddle and float around and enjoy the wildlife too. Have a blessed New Year and I am looking forward to seeing all that you accomplish in the new year. Happy quilting.