Monday, December 20, 2021

Hexagons, Lo Mein and and a SMH moment!

 The kids had a dental appointment this morning so I had taken the morning off from work. Greg has his Tai Chi Monday and Friday mornings.  I took my tin of prepped black hexagons and got a few stitched in the 30 minutes of wait time in the lobby. Aidan got a good report and one cavity on Emily that needs a fix next month. 


We did a quick stop at Aldi to get mushrooms for the lo mein dinner tonight. The kids might have grabbed a few extra things to go in the cart and I grabbed some bone in skin on chicken breasts - either for the grill outside or shake and bake in the oven in the next day or two. With the rain predicted it will probably be shake and bake which we have not had in a while. Greg is doing Sushi for his night and Aidan mentioned salmon on the grill. 

Emily and I prepped the veggies and Dad is assisting Emily with the wok cooking right now.


My Smack My Head Moment... I have Craftsy and renewed my membership last week. I kept looking at purchasing classes and it had been a while since I had checked in and really was only watching my 'purchased' classes before I reread the FYI's and the light bulb went on and as I have the membership I can watch ANY of the classes! So, that is my SMH for being a ninny. I have been watching about knitting intarsia this afternoon so I can work on Aidan's sheep pillow after Christmas. Well, that is my 'stupid me' moment for the week. Back to adding edging to Emilys afghan. The boys are headed to guitar soon.

4 comments:

Chris said...

I gave up on Craftsy a long time ago when I did not actually do any of the work on the assignments and there are SO many free youtube classes. Those black hexies are looking good. I never actually started any bit the girls each cut out a few. We are waiting for Devan's hands to "grow up" a bit so they can handle the hand work. She agreed they needed to be at least 10 years old. Only 17 months to go.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I quite on Craftsy too -- I printed out the lesson plans for the one's I thought I would want to keep that I had purchased and found I never went back to look at any of them! I don't know why - I guess I am not good at watching classes of any sort - I wish they still had the store though - I really liked some of the purchases I made over the years with that.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hexies in your snowman tin? LOVE!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hope your Lo Mein turned out delicious! That snowman tin is perfect for carrying around the hexies. He's probably the only snowman in your vicinity, lol! Although where we live in Colorado there isn't any snow either - not even any forecast for a white Christmas.