Thursday, December 23, 2021

Thursday....

 Think I should start wrapping presents sometime soon? Hehehe... hubby ordered a bunch so he gets to do a lot of the wrapping I think. I did pop to the local quilt shop last week to get some thread and managed to have a little shopping spree and then handed the bag to him as my 'present'! I tucked the book Quilters Patch into the bag with about 9 yards of white print fabric for the main background print in the quilt. I'll pull from stash for the rest. It is a sew along with my Quilters, Stitchers, and Such group on FB starting in January. I also picked up some bobbin thread, new small scissors, seam ripper and a couple of 2.5 inch packs of squares. 


I do need to come up with the present hunt clues for the kids. I made their 'snake' count down and tucked the first clue into the Saturday morning opening. I need to come up with 3 more clues for each of them. 

I was restocking the cookie tins last night. I made sugar cookie dough which needs baking today. Hershey kiss cookies were completed and the buckeyes (peanut butter balls) are in the freezer waiting for their dip in chocolate today. I think Aidan picked up a package of snickerdoodle cookie mix that will get made as well. 
Hubby did the store run to get groceries yesterday. He said it was nuts! He got some salmon for Aidan's meal last night - which Aidan cooked on the Big Green Egg. I made myself some baked breaded eggplant as I dislike salmon! He also got some tuna for sushi making tonight ... along with an avacado and cuke for the california roll. I'll have the leftover shake and bake and roasted cauliflower! The other 3 like salmon and sushi.... bleck!

I think we have everything for Christmas day - grazing day at our house with the grandparents coming over around noon. I'm thinking - dogs in chili/grape sauce, taco salad and chips, cheese ball and cheese and cracker board, deviled eggs, shrimp, fried ravioli, veggies and dip and I'm not sure if he picked up some deli meat and rolls or not. Should be plenty for 6 or 7 people! Also - all the cookies above!

Despite this the last couple of nights.... (apparently is is very cuddly according to Peanut the cat)


I have added one SC and 3 dc's around the edge of Emily's afghan. I have enough yarn to do one more so I will work on that today. Finish it off and pop it back in the popcorn tin and add a bow!


Then the boy has a knitted cap and his sheep pillow for the next project. I have been watching videos on how to better do the sheep pillow.... so do I pull out the beginning sheep that I started or just go forward? I'll take a look and see if there really is a gap or not and go from there. I think there is only 5 or 6 rows of it done with the pattern so it 'might' be ok to just continue on.... The hat I think has a cable which I have never done.  I need to find that baggie and take a look at the pattern. Both these projects were ordered from Craftsy years ago. 

No kids have ventured out yet from their rooms (it's 9:30!). I suppose I should get dressed and start the day. Cookies will get finished off first and then the car needs to get a wash and vacuum, the garden might get tilled since it is cool and then I really need to get working on the memory quilt that has had no progress the last week at all. Sigh... I don't have to deal with dinner tonight so I should have a good chunk of sewing room time this afternoon and evening to make some progress. 2 - 4 day weekends should help get his project done and back to it's owner in the early 2022.





5 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

All kinds of cooking and baking going on in your house--and that is gonna be a lovely gift from hubby that you handed him--great way to shop--and you get just what you need and want!! I got the peanut butter bloosms made and baked yesterday and this morning I got the sugar cookie dough mixed up and it's the refrig waiting to be rolled out when I get off here--
I love salmon--fresh that is--(though I can freeze it here and then cook it later--but don't like frozen salmon in the store--and I have never and hope never to have to eat sushi!!)
the only sewing I am doing is I will need to trace off the next snowman embroidery pattern today and am still doing some hand quilting on a Christmas panel--even though I did do the binding on already!!!
Have fun--whether eating, tilling the garden or sewing--
hugs, di

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I bet your house smells good with the baking and cooking going on - Merry Christmas!

Julierose said...

WOW you are really getting it all done--good for you Deb;)))
It is pretty quiet here today; I am on heat and hoping to feel better for our guests on Sunday...I hope your Christmas is Merry and Bright for you all...
hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Perfect gift for you - it works pretty well to do it your way, lol! Your Christmas Day grazing plans sound yummy. Hope you are making progress on the memory quilt, too. Merry Christmas!

Ivani said...

Congrats on finishing Emily's afghan. It's beautiful and looks soft, cozy and warm.
Happy Holidays, Happy New Year, Deb!