Thursday, December 9, 2021

Thursday.....

 Well, so much for spending hours prepping clothing for stitching on the memory quilt. Sigh. That is how the week has been going. I got a Pampered Chef Quick cooker that I have been playing with the last week. It does a great job with rice, beans from dry and the stew was good. The boy did not like the texture of the chicken for the chicken that I cooked in it. Will be playing more with this - I did like the black beans and quinoa made in there for my lunch bowls last week. I can't wait to do corned beef as I grew up with pressure cooked cabbage and love it cooked that way (I might have just eaten the cabbage growing up for that meal - a little S+P and vinegar!) Hubby actually used pressure cooking as one of his physics write ups for his class!

Tuesday was a quick dinner then we headed to school for Emily's band winter concert. That's the best photo I could get. She is second row on the right about 4 people in playing clarinet. We heard the chorus, beginner band and the advanced band play.



Yesterday - the tents I had up and airing from this weekend, decided to try and run away in the afternoon (windy!) so they got taken down, stuffed into their bags and put away. I made some homemade sweet potato baked fries and risotto for dinner. I had taken butter out for cookies a few times in the last week and had yet to make them (thinking peanut butter balls (buckeye's) but was missing graham crackers at one point). I decided to make some hershey kiss cookies (peanut butter with a hershey kiss on top). Lets just say as soon as they were cooled for 10 minutes hands started taking them and 'testing' them. There are a few left for now... but the kids are still at school! I had signed up for a Homemade cooking class last night and did not cook along but listened into the program. I'm planning to make it tonight - it was Morrocan Chicken Tangine with couscous. If you have never heard of this website - I highly recommend it. There are a bunch of free classes - and I have been know to sign up just to get the recipe and not do the Zoom (apple cider donuts, orange cranberry scones) .... but, there are a bunch of free things offered with some of them. I did the Farmhouse Cheese board one last week and that give away was from Cabot cheese! This was my single serving version  =)


We have had lots of these guys hanging around on the milk weed bush out front. They will eventually turn into monarch butterflies. I usually have 1-3 butterflies dancing around this area every day. 



This morning was an early start for blood work at 7AM, back home to take Aidan to school for 9 (Emily was an early to school for her horse testing at 8 - her Dad took her). When I got home I put a few things away and then checked online for the 3 grocery flyers - Publix, Aldi, Winn Dixie. Winn Dixie won with a chicken thigh B1G1 deal. I kept 5 out and seal a mealed and froze the others into 3 packs of 5.  While I was doing that - hubby got to steam clean the carpet. Seems Sophie cat (my 17 yo girl) is having some issues and there was cleanup needed on the carpet. I did grab a leek and used up the last of my potato's to make potato leek soup for lunch. Yummy. I had a noon training for troop cookie manager and then a little paperwork for that..... and here it is time to go pick up the kids! That's just how my days tend to go lately. I did finish stitching up these 4 green hexagons during my meeting though. I think I started prepping the last of the browns but have not made it back to the sewing room yet.

I think most of the kids Christmas stuff is ordered. I need to do their Christmas snakes to start on Saturday still. Saturday Em and I have an early start to get to the girl scout camp for Pioneer Days for her age group through hs. (6-12 grades). They are going to do a complete meal cooked over the campfire I believe. It starts at 9 -12 and it is a good 30+ minute hike to where the event will be on the property so we need to get there a bit after 8 to allow time to hike there. No rain forecast but an exceptionally hot day for us in the mid 80's is expected. Mother Nature is a little confused and does not realize it is December!
Time to get ice waters for the kids and some cookies for their after school snack in the car on the way home. Lunch is around 11:30 for them and school gets out at 3:45 so they are usually pretty hungry. 



4 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

You get done with all that 'cooking' in that fancy new pot and you will have to write a book on it and sell the book!!!
I did just add a line or two in the blog site--forgot to say that I am going to do tiny buttons on the snowmen's bodys instead of the embroidery ones!!!
have fun this week end!
hugs, di

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow you have been into cooking this week - sounds like the pot you have is something like an instant pot - we had red beans and rice tonight and tilapia nice and easy

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've had a busy week! Sounds fun to get a new appliance and try some new meals, too. How cool to see the monarch caterpillars right there in your yard! Do they stay to make the chrysalis and go through the whole cycle? I would love to see that! Pretty green hexies, too - that's such a refreshing color to sew with.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm curious to hear why you chose the Pampered Chef Quick Cooker over an Instant Pot, Deb. I saw a reasonably priced Air Fryer at Walmart and was tempted by it. Do you have one of those, too?