Friday, December 17, 2021

Those hexagons....

 

I had a staff meeting yesterday afternoon. I did cut down a few pairs of jeans and then switched to stitching my sets of 4 into sets of 8! Do you see the boo boo? I'm going to have to be careful on how I set these to stitch them. The first 2 were the same but.... that third one in red and blue will need some attention with the seam ripper. I might hold off on that for a bit though and see how many I mess up first! The length of the 2 sets is about 18 inches and that is a 6.5x24.5 ruler on it so it is just a little wider than 6.5 inches. I am just grabbing 2 different colors and putting them together. I plan to space out the colors in each section as that has worked well in the past and I think it will with this one as well. I'll grab one of each of the 12 'sets' and work on getting those stitched into sets of 8, then will join them into a section. That should space out the colors throughout the quilt pretty well.


The phone made the moon a little hazy in the photo but it was nice and crisp in the sky on my walk last night after dinner.


The kids are at their last day of school in 2021 and go back January 5th. Lots of movie watching today in their block days. I think most teachers finished up their lessons and testing on Wednesday so they get a fun class for the last one. I know Aidan's bottle rocket launches got delayed on Wednesday due to rain so his last class will be outside setting off their paper towel rockets. They launched Monday and made changes Tuesday and this is the launch of the changed rockets in science. 

I need to make the 'honey do' list for the other 3 in the household for the coming weeks. I know they want to take the boat out and test it (boat is from one of Greg's former coworkers who does not use it so it has been in our yard for a while). The boys plan to fish a bit. Emily wants to go kayaking with me. They will be rebuilding the ramp into the shed. I'd like to have the driveway and walkway's power washed as well. Lots of mold in Florida turns the cement black or dark grey. I have yet to till the garden so hopefully that can also get done and planted over the next week as well. They have been warned they all have a day to prep and make a dinner for us over the next couple of weeks. Emily is planning the lo mein dish with assistance from an adult for the wok work. I just scheduled Emily for Tuesday afternoon riding for the next 2 weeks. Her normal Saturday is cancelled for the next 2 weeks and I'm assuming on the 1st as well.

I had my follow up appointment with my doctor yesterday on my bloodwork. I had high numbers for my thyroid this summer so she put me on medicine for that. The number came way down with the meds and my energy level is much better. I'm a little disappointed as normally it causes you to loose weight... I had the opposite effect! Sigh, up 5 pounds that I am working to take off.... again! Prediabetic still.... so getting the weight off and maintained is my goal again in 2022. I do not want to tip into that category if I can help it. 


4 comments:

Julierose said...

that should be a really pretty quilt...I like the two color sets idea.
Hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm not sure I'm seeing your boo boo, but usually those things bother us more than our readers. The hexagon quilt will grow a little more each time you sew the next groups together! Hooray for Christmas Break - I think today is the last day for the kids here, too. A day for each one to cook for the family is a great idea! Enjoy!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't see the boo boo. We need to power wash our deck and cement areas too - mold is a problem here too - I think I could do it twice a year and I didn't do it this summer like I should have. you have a long list to get to hope you accomplish at least some of it.

Miaismine said...

I really can't see your mistake, but your method sounds fabulous! Looking good!