Friday, July 29, 2022

Friday night sewing....

After work I started in with some straight line stitching on the scrappy Irish Chain. I figured I'd do the 3 lines following the chains around the quilt. 


So much orange in this quilt! I must have been using lots of orange 4 or 5 years ago when I was stitching this!


After a brief break to call in a Chinese order for dinner, run to Pinch to get shock for the pool and pick up the chinese and eat dinner..... I finished the last half of the quilt.


Trimmed it and made the binding and attached it to the top. Aidan happened to be in to check on Peanut so I asked him what color for binding. 'I don't know - the golden brown maybe?' I pulled some along with a dark brown, a medium blue and he pulled a dark blue. Emily wandered in. 'Let Peanut choose!'. We decided the dark brown worked best.  I had a perfect size of leftover snowflake print for the backing.



Now to hand stitch the binding to the back of the quilt. Could this be my second finish for the week? We will see. I left those open spaces free of quilting. Something might end up in there... or not. Time will tell. Finished quilt size is 52.5x67.5.


5 comments:

Chantal said...

Whoohoo! You're on a roll. Great job here. In my opinion, there is just enough orange in this quilt, haha. (Yep, I love orange.) ;^)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you are on a roll for sure - the quilt looks great

Nancy in Indiana said...

The scrappy Irish chain looks really nice! And I love the quilt that is the background for your blog title. It's inspired me to try some blocks like that as a leaders and enders project. Thank you!

Julierose said...

the binding color is great--and i love the orange in that quilt--i think it makes all the colors really pop beautifully..such a lovely scrappy piece--nice work finishing the quilting!! I am beavering away by hand on my little table topper and enjoying it...hugs Julierose

Julierose said...

Oh and P.S. How about Latifi and Albon in Practice 3 today?? Quali will be so interesting--happy to see the Williams cars doing so well...;)))