Friday, July 15, 2022

RSC Crossed Canoe blocks

I cut 2 purple crossed canoe blocks and got them stitched up this week and added to the collection. We had red in January, teal in February, Yellow in March, Pink in April, Dark green in May, Dark Blue in June and now Purple in July. 

I use my Accuquilt and my Crossed Canoe Die to make these. I cut 2 6.25 inch squares of background and the color to make each block. Swap out the middle of each and you get 2 blocks of each to make my block.

First I put the middle and corner triangle together.
Then add a side. The extra bits are cut off so everything lines up really nicely.

Add the other side and you get one part of the block.


With 4 parts together you get a Crossed Canoe block. These are really easy to put together. 

Linking up with the RSC on Saturday.


 

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I got that die but won't be using it until next year - too many other things going on to use it right now. I see it didn't take you long to get back to quilting when you got home

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's such a great block! Yours are pretty in all the colors. Looks like a good one to have the dies for cutting, then a quick sew!

Julierose said...

So happy to see your crossed canoe blocks make a comeback--I just love these...
I wish my "Tree" pattern had a die--those angles are really hard to match up --they either fall short (!!) or waste a lot of fabric from the strips!! But am soldiering on to try to find my own way to "tame" them.
Have a great weekend--stay cool--we are in a mini heat wave and it is very muggy--so AC for us...hugs, Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Back home and back to stitching--all good things--I was surprised the kiddo's didn't want to do more on the way home, but wanted to get home instead--who can figure them out!!
hugs, di

scraphappy said...

I have that same die. Now I am tempted to get it out and start playing. The colors look great together. Sounds like your summer is going fast. Kids will be back to school before you know it.

Mari said...

Your blocks look great. I have that die, so now I'm going to have to go play with it. Oh, darn! :)

maggie fellow said...

that is a fun block and a new die? hmmm

Jan said...

Thats a lovely block, have not seen that one before.

Jenny said...

Thank you for showing the construction of these blocks. They always looked so terribly complicated to me, nice to see that they are not so difficult after all

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Great that you have a die to cut them out quickly!!! Great RSC block!

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great blocks, and such a neat way to make them! I love my Accuquilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Nice job on getting your RSC Canoes stitched up, Deb!