Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Table Scrap Challenge 2022

 July is purple and the prompt is circles. While digging through a basket of scraps, I found 4 pinwheels leftover from a baby bunting quilt many years ago. One was a light purple. Hmm. What about circles? How about attempting quilting circles on my machine? I gave it a try and while it is no where near perfect, it was fun to try and I might need to try this again sometime. 


I did my second attempt at machine binding and it went better than last time but still needs work. That whole practice improves the skill is correct. 

Linking up on Friday with the table scrap challenge.



11 comments:

Julierose said...

Neat tabletopper--your circle quilting looks great!! Hugs, Julierose

Chantal said...

Leftover blocks and tiny little quilts are great for perfecting our quilting skills. Great job! ;^)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks great - I wonder what color August will be - three more months

Ivani said...

Cute table topper, Deb.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Endless Diamonds is really a stunner, Deb. How neat that it is hand quilted too. This is a cute table topper and how great to use orphaned blocks. Anyway, cooler here today with a little breeze- it felt wonderful.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a pretty one, Deb! I love the pastel colors, and your quilting, too. I've used circular quilting on a few quilts - the hardest part is getting it started. I love the look of it, though!

grammajudyb said...

That was a great idea to do the circle quilting! It is tricky! I’ve tried it only once or twice! Pinwheels are so fun!

Quilter Kathy said...

Way to go trying something new!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome candle mat, Deb, and lovely organic circle quilting!! Kudos for rescuing those blocks from the scrap bin. Next up? ORANGE! :o))

Karen's Korner said...

A great way to use up orphan blocks.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Deb, don't you love being able to use up orphan blocks? Your runner looks great. It really is incredible how practice does make better :-) Take care.