Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Progress

 


All blocks are complete! They all need a good press and I know there will be some seam fudging already as I sew it together. 

My **personal** computer was sent away last week and it is killing me doing everything on my phone. Sorry if I have not visited blogs. I hope to catch up when my computer arrives home. It never worked well since I got it, something with the battery. They finally got the empty box to us on the third try to ship it back but I had it with me up in Vermont by then. I do have my work laptop working fine but I don't do anything personal on that one.

I have been logging off work at 3 and then spending time in the sewing room working on this, this week. Peanut is happy with me being in his space for the extra time. 

Meals this week have been pork schnitzel with au gratin potato and peas. Steak and zucchini, and tonight is chicken with lemon and capers over rice with salad.  I got a good deal on the pork and steak. I cut the second loin into chops 10- 1 inch chops for 2 meals and seal a mealed them for the freezer. One t-bone steak is in the freezer too. I think Thursday might be rissoto with baked fish. Trying to mix things up a bit. I might make a spinach quiche for breakfast too. 


5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Scrappy Irish Chain looks wonderful! I'm definitely putting that one on my list! Sorry to hear about the computer - that kind of thing is so frustrating since we are all so dependent on them these days. It must be especially hard to work without it. Your meals for the week sound yummy!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it would be hard to work from your phone I would think - hope you get the computer back soon - if it is a work computer I'm surprised they haven't sent you a new one

Julierose said...

Oh good work getting these blocks all done and ready to seam together!!
Sorry about your computer--that is frustrating for sure...
Sounds like a great menu for the week. Tom is making his spaghetti sauce for tonight --so that will be good...he will freeze a good 2/3rd of it in serving sizes. We just finished off the chicken/rice casserole I made 3 days ago...yum.
Dewpoint is 75 and feels like temp is 105 here today--need I say it's an AC day???;000 fingers crossed we don't have a power cut!!!
Take care and stay cool...hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Great progress, Deb!! We had pork chops on Monday and, like you, I'm planning on fish for Thursday, too. Just need to figure out how to cook it this time. Last week we broiled it.

Chantal said...

It sure didn't take you long to get all the blocks completed. It looks great! Sorry to hear about the computer issues. Good luck with that. ;^)