Thursday, July 14, 2022

Home again

 I did 2 days of driving and we arrived home Tuesday night before 10PM. All the animals were happy we were home. We noticed the change in temps in Georgia with the heat and humidity when we got out of the car. I did not miss that at all!

Turns out things were closed on Monday - the fort and the museum in NY - so we altered the route. Instead of Philly we were going to hit Gettysburg but... it would have been around 7PM Monday and the kids decided they just wanted to get home, so we altered the route again and got home. They did get to see the skyline of NY and Aidan was watching the planes land in Newark as we drove by.

Turns out, we really like Panera Bread! We hit it once on the way up and twice on the way home. Emily wanted 'healthy' and got the Green Goddess salad each time. Aidan loved the spicy chicken sandwich and tried the pizza on the 3rd try. I did the Mediterranean bowl twice and then the salad on the last night. I'll be making that bowl for my lunches at home I think! Pretty easy with the quinoa, hummus, yogurt, lettuce, tomato, cuke, kalamata olives and feta cheese.

The car has been through the car wash and all the bugs I hit in Florida are now off the windshield and front of the car. I visited an Aldi and got some produce and milk into the house (would you believe the things I left in the fridge were still there, untouched by hubby?).


This one sat pretty for me this morning for a photo. I see he has claimed a few more of Emily's stuffed animals for tug and toss games.

He also got his first bath yesterday morning. He does love the water.
Peanut is waiting for me to go sew so he can get attention. Ollie has been sleeping on me at night and getting lots of petting when he wakes me up! Spoiled boys.
Emily is outside filling the dog pool with water and he is playing with the water stream from the hose. Such a silly boy. Time to get dressed and see what trouble I can get in today. Back to work tomorrow.




6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hubby must have ate out a lot huh - I know I have done that in the past - Make things up and leave in the fridge so all he has to do it is heat up and doesn't get eaten - glad you got back home ok - I like Panera Bread but Mike doesn't want to try it so rarely eat there

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad you're home safe and sound! It's always fun to go, but good to get home again, and lots to do when you get there. Sounds like those animals missed you and the kids! Have a great day!

Julierose said...

Happy to hear you are all home safe and sound after your mammoth drive...Looks like the animals missed you all and that the kids missed them too...
Enjoy your day off before getting back to work...hugs, Julierose

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Deb, caught up on your posts. I think you and your sister look alike. Great shots including the grandparents and birds. What a lovely state!
Happy you are home safe and sound...that is a lot of driving you did. But times like this with the memories made are precious.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Welcome back!! Funny how all the things in the fridge were still there. What did he eat?!?!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Welcome home! It's too bad you didn't get to do some of the things on your return trip but it's always good to get home. ~Jeanne