Sunday, July 10, 2022

Sunday in Vermont

Today is our last day in Vermont before we head home. The weather has been beautiful (Mom says it's too cold but I love the 70's and lows at night in the 50's - well 48 this morning was chilly!). 

The loons had twins. They have been hanging out in front of the camp. This is Mama and babies.

We took Grammy and Grandpa to the North Branch falls for a walk and to see the waterfalls.
We have been enjoying Maple Creemees and went to a Mountaineers baseball game in Montpellier.

The kids and I have been kayaking on the lake quite a few times.

I managed to hit the wrong button and the wifi was down for a bit so some puzzle making happened. This is the family puzzle my sister put together from photo's from my nieces' wedding last fall.

Emily has been baking - she has made a cake, brownies, pecan scones and pecan pie, then chocolate chip cookies!






Some photo's of the mountain views from the road between Elmore and Stowe. 


Mama duck and 3 babies.... we only saw one with her this morning though.

Aidan on the swing by the lake waiting on the boat ride.

We climbed the mountain on Saturday. All I can say is, boy am I out of shape BUT I did make it up there with lots of stops!

The kids went ahead with my niece and her boyfriend and their uncle.

I hung back with my sister Terri! Here we are at the top.


On a boat ride yesterday afternoon with the mountain that I climbed in the background.
I have not dipped into the hand work bag much while here. I did hand stitch the binding on the RSC Squares quilt, and have been doing a little crochet - with a few granny squares to add to the pile. A knitted wash cloth got finished and I found another in the hiking bag yesterday (from October encampment with girl scouts I think!) and Emily is working on that now. Maybe some quilting will happen down by the lake this afternoon.... we will see. I know a kayak paddle is planned and I need to pop into town to get waters and snacks for the drive home as well as something for dinner tonight.







6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

looks like you have been having a great time and Emily with her baking - wow pie looks good. Your boy has gotten so tall - bet you have been having fun - have a good trip back home sight seeing along the way

Julierose said...

Wonderful that you have been having such a great visit...hope your trip home is a safe and fun one...hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like a lovely trip - thanks for sharing all the pictures! So scenic there. I think you and your sister could be twins?!? Have a safe trip home.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Sounds like you've been busy having fun and enjoying family. Have a great trip home. ~Jeanne

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It sounds like ya'll are having a great time. It is so wonderful to enjoy nature and relax with the family. Safe travels.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gorgeous photos, Deb!! Hope you are having (had?) a safe trip home.