Thursday, July 28, 2022

Garden Path blocks.


 I cut and made the final dark purple Garden Path block today - in the upper left hand corner. That gives me 16 - 12 inch blocks. I'm debating if I add 2 orange and 2 light/bright green ones to the mix. 48x48 is a little small so I think I'll add another 4 and maybe some kind of a border to make it a little bigger. We will see. 

Thursday night we headed to Inverness and went with Grandma on an Air Boat ride! That was an experience. I didn't bring my phone so no photo's but the scenery was amazing. We did see birds and a turtle but no gaters or snakes, thank goodness. 

Linking up on Saturday with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

12 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

an air boat ride sounds fantastic we took one once when we went to the Keys many years ago - love the quilt

Julierose said...

WOW another great array of pretty blocks for this one!! You are a brave one to go on an air boat--yikes!! Good thing you didn't encounter any scarey animals!! Hugs for a great weekend...Julierose

scraphappy said...

The airboat sounds like fun, but I am so sad that there were no gators! It isn't Florida without gators. Great progress on your blocks. It feels good to start thinking about assembly.

maggie fellow said...

and another quilt I want to make - good job

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's looking so pretty, Deb! I love the secondary pattern that forms between the blocks when they're put together, too. An airboat ride sounds fun!

Ivani said...

Owo your blocks together looks great, Deb. Airboat ride sounds like a lot of fun!

Cathy said...

What a bright, cheery, fun bunch of blocks!

sue s said...

I like your blocks. Orange and green will add in nicely. And I like the scrappiness of the outside HSTs. It's not too matchy-matchy that way. I've been to croc- country but never on an airboat. Looks fun!

Jenny said...

These are such pretty blocks. Not quite sure what you mean by air boat, are these the ones with a big fan type thing on the back of the boat? Any ride is a fun ride, in my experience!

Sharon Kwilter said...

Those are really pretty blocks. It's going to be a nice quilt when they're assembled.

Michelle said...

I love it! So much beautiful scrapiness here.

Sara said...

That is a beautiful scrappy quilt. Adding another row and maybe a border will just add to the charm. I think scrappy is wonderful because of the variety of colors.