Friday, July 1, 2022

Summer 2022 UFO Challenge.

It's that time of the quarter - to post the UFO list for the Challenge. I only got one finish from the list last quarter. I hope to be more productive this quarter.

 Block Collections.

1.) I know I have at least one more cut and in a baggie somewhere to fill that open spot for a 7x6 setting. These are hand pieced.... and might need a little fixing along the way.




 2.) Hexagon flowers on a black background. These are a stack of blocks I hand pieced a few years ago then hand appliqued to the black background a couple years after that!  Not sure if they will become one or two quilts....


****3.) Crumb blocks.... might these end up in a quilt? Or the start of some baskets? Finished 9/21/22.


***4.) Sweet Confetti blocks - I have 96 of these made....Completed 9/17/22.




5.) Midget Applique quilt from Sentimental Stitches. I need to add more flowers and leaves and the vines... and the bottom yellow border. This one is completely hand pieced.


6.) Ella Maria Deacon blocks - make a few more and finish them off into a top. I believe I was making these by hand. Patterns from Sentimental Stitches.



7.) Purple applique hearts... need to figure out how they want to be set.



**8.)  this quilt that has been an on and off, leader and ender for years. My scrappy irish chain. I believe I had a bucket of 2 inch squares next to my sewing machine for a while and would make sets, and rows and blocks in between sewing other things. I think it wants to get competed.
Pieced and quilted in July 2022. Binding time 7/29/2022. Finished 7/31/2022.





9.) Midget block collection - I started these in Vermont in 2010! I have a light blue for sashing.



10.) Civil War Blocks



****11.) Endless Diamond Blocks - Completed 7/24/22.




12.) Birds in the Air block collection

13.) Harmony - hand pieced project started March 2021- one 28 inch block completed - 3 to go.




14.) Cat and mouse is on the frame in process of hand quilting but has been sadly neglected.




15.) Erin's Butterfly ( I just didn't want to renumber things so throwing this one on here!) I made the wings in 2021. This year hope to applique to the background and add the body and antennea. Also need to add one  more set of wings... thinking 9 is a nice number?




16) This one stayed on the list - needs quilting. Vermont Quilt Festival Booth Hop from either 2008 or 2009. I have backing for this and it is 71x71.



17.) Green Tumblers - a hand pieced top. 



18.) Hoarfrost - top is done will it get quilted this year? ** blue floral print backing


19.) Baby Bear Paw quilt top ** Made back from a class in 1999 I think from Yankee Pride.  **blue floral print backing


20.) Trip around the World - 2 inches hand pieced.



21.) Y2K Joann's BOM - quilt top


**22.)**Tumbler flag - this did not come out how I imagined.... It might get reinvented after taking parts out. We will see. *** Broke into 2 parts. One part is finished 7/31/2022. Part 2 finished 8/4/22.





23.) 1857 Quilt Along Top



24.) Spring Hexagons - not sure if this wants to be bigger or not.... 




***25.) FCQG baby quilt challenge. 40x48 -quilted 8/14.Finished 8/21.







26.) Triple Irish Chain - green. 80x80 I think. I did find both fabrics extra with it... Might need a green or cream border first or both... Made in the early 2000's.


27.) Garden Path blocks - a few more got added last quarter. missing orange and light green.



28.) ******* RSC 2021 quilt squares. Completed 7/7/22.




29.) Full Stop Sew along.... 2021 . Re thinking this one - might eliminate some of the white space.


30) extra strips from a quilt that might become a mini 'coin' type quilt? Or placemats?




3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

OMG so many to keep track of!

Chantal said...

It's so easy to start something and so hard to get to completion. 30 is a good number though. You have plenty of choices to pick something to work on. Enjoy! ;^)

Julierose said...

Lots of just beautiful projects listed here!! I try to avoid making lists of started/unfinished objects...gives me agita...;))) Anyway--you have a nice group to choose from...hope your trip is going well...
Tell Aidan that his F1 hero is doing well...of course he made it through Quali!!
Hugs, Julierose