Saturday, July 23, 2022

Rsc in purple

 

I am thankful we have one more week of purple!
I did get the 16 patches made but still need a garden path block in dark purples. I also found my bucket of purple scraps which will help making the garden path blocks and probably a crumb block or two.

Emily did an escape room with some friends last night. You are locked in a room and need to solve clues to get the door unlocked in an hour. Another Dad and I were in there with the 4 of them and  an older sister. They solved it with 2 minutes to spare! It was fun! I think I need to bring my boys and see how we do as a family.

Linking up with the RSC. 


Today Emily has horse riding for the first time in a month. Aidan has F1 qualifying to watch. I have tomatoes to can this afternoon. At some point, I need to trim this quilt and make and attach the binding! Oh so close to a finish! I finished quilting it last night around 11pm. 

11 comments:

Chantal said...

Congrats on getting the quilting done on this beautiful quilt. My DH has some F1 watching to do too. I did an escape room challenge once but we pretended the door was locked as I am claustrophobic. I would love to do it again. Enjoy! ;^)

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

congrats on finishing the quilting part! you purple blocks are positively perfect!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty purples in your RSC blocks! And hooray for finishing the quilting on Endless Diamonds, too. I've never done an Escape Room, but they do sound fun!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

on to the binding for Endless Diamonds that quilt sure has looked great over the months

Julierose said...

Lovely purple fabrics in this....a nice "cool" color in this heat;000
We watched Quali and were happy to see Le Clerc get "pole" .
I thought the Ferrari strategy was very creative...
hugs, julierose Stay cool
[92.4 here already and 74 dewpoint--hot hot hot!!]

scraphappy said...

The quilt is beautiful! Getting to the binding stage is always such a great feeling of accomplishment. My family loves escape rooms. As the kids got older, they would all meet up with a group of friends. Such a fun way to encourage everyone to work together.

Ivani said...

Pretty purple blocks and congrats, for a almost finished quilt.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

There is one of those Escape room places directly across the street from me--not sure I would like doing it--but then who knows!!!! Bet Emily will be happy to be on a horse again!! and tell Adian I have 3 races to watch this week end--2 today and one big one tomorrow!!
But first I designed a Christmas quilt in my head just before I got out of bed this morning so need to get started on it--
hugs,di

Jenny said...

Your star quilt is beautiful, almost at the finish line. Your dog is making sure it stays in place and doesn't run away!

The Joyful Quilter said...

PURPLE blocks and a pretty quilt finish in the works, Deb. Here's to soon being able to cross another UFO off your list!!

Maggie said...

Congratulations on quilting this beauty! Busy weekend and enough tomatoes to can? Up north we get to pick one every few days. Have a wonderful weekend.