Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Embroidery Wednesdays!

Long ago I did 'Tiny Tuesday' posts when I was working on the midget blocks. I liked the idea of having a consistent day to post about something during the week. It forces me to work on it, so I have something for the post! Saturdays are the RSC and Sundays are Slow Stitching with Kathy. This year I think I'll add Embroidery Wednesdays. 
Melisa at Pinker n Punkin Quilting & Stitching offered a fun free Frosty McChill stitch along back in November 2021. I am finally joining in to make my own Frosty's. I have the first one cut and traced with pencil. I might have to change that as it is pretty light. I'm going to be doing mine in blue. I have this pretty thread but I know I also have another blue in the top drawer that I originally was planning to use. I think I'll pull that out and see how different they are. I know I have more of the other one so that might be the color I use. I have embroidery needles and found a little hoop to use. I should have some progress to show next week. I have the first 3 printed out and the first 8 backgrounds cut out.
Advise on tracing tools? 

I would have been stitching this last night, but I was watching a few episodes of the new Disney series National Treasure: Edge of History, before the next episode came out today. I put it on late last week and watched the first one with Emily. She binge watched the other 4 that night after I went to bed. I figured I'd better catch up, so I pulled the knitting of the dishcloth to work on while watching it. If you like mysteries - it is a pretty well written series so far. I love the historical information they add to the stories. 

 

4 comments:

Julierose said...

I like your idea of having a specific project for certain days of the week
I have been winnowing down my choices for the next few months as I had WAY too much going on and began to feel paralyzed by it all...That is a really cute Snowman you will be embroidering--I can't wait to get my needles in the mail to begin my "Julie's Jardin" embroidery...hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You'll enjoy stitching those Frosties - I thought they were sweet and fun! Now I need to finish the quilt top I made from them. I use a Frixion pen to trace my embroidery because stray lines just iron off after I'm done. Thanks for the Disney+ show recommendation - we'll have to try that one!

Astrid said...

I think it's great to have a specific item to work on for a certain day of the week. I love Melisa's designs and I have done a few of her cross stitching free patterns. I may do the Frosties too, later this year. I use Micron 01 for tracing, but have heard the Frixion pens are better.

Quilter Kathy said...

I use the Frixion pens. I know some people don't like them because the line can become visible again in cold weather. But even if the line returned, it would be covered by stitches and also you can just heat it again to make it disappear.