Saturday, January 21, 2023

Hoarfrost - binding time...


 Hoarfrost is #20 on my Winter 2023 UFO list. I was able to get it pinned and quilted last weekend. I finally trimmed it on Thursday and cut some blue strips to make the binding. I need to sew the strips together today and then press it and attach to the top of this quilt so I can hand stitch it to the back. It is a cloudy and dreary day in Florida. I think it might be a movie and binding afternoon.



Since this is blue... I'm linking up to the RSC. I hope to play with some blues this weekend. Maybe some crumb blocks? Scrappy log cabins. We will see what the fabrics decide they want to become!

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

turned out pretty!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is such a pretty quilt! I love the border - it looks tricky. I bet it feels good to get the quilting done and be ready for binding. Kind of cloudy and dreary here today, too - I think I'll go sew!

Julierose said...

this really came out beautifully, Deb! Love those blues and the white a lot...
Gray and cold and dreary here, too today--and all the past week, too.
Hugs, Julierose

Astrid said...

Beautiful blue quilt! Watching a movie while stitching the binding sounds perfect.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Headed your way from the Pacific Northwest in a few weeks...can I get some Florida sunshine to chase away the grays? Your Hoarfrost quilt top is so beautiful! I am a huge fan of blues, and your choice of fabrics really seemed to bring the whole quilt together. Happy quilting! -Andrea

maggie fellow said...

lovely and so close

a good yarn said...

Always good to have a finish. A really nice quilt.

Susie H said...

Hoarfrost made a beautiful finish! Love the outer border. That was a great choice! Have a great weekend playing with more blues!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Pretty Quilt and I love the border!!!! Have fun binding. If you need more to bind I have some to send you! LOL. Hugs

Helenchaffin said...

Beautiful quilt,luv the snowflakes!