Sunday, January 8, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching on Frosty McChill


I am only a little over a year late in starting on the Frosty McChill stitch along Melisa created in November 2021. I am using different thread for me - a DMC 5M in blue # 312. I was thinking of using 2 strands but found that one is fine. It has a nobby texture rather than the standard DMC floss. I am working on getting better at the stitching, but I do love how he is looking so far!
After sleeping in until 9AM! I plan to putter around the house today. I think the kids are headed to Grandma's house for the day so I'll have to make the 45 minute trip to pick them up later tonight. I'm sure some more stitches will be added to Frosty after I get home tonight. 



 

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it is good grandma is close enough to visit - but that drive so often would be more than I would want to make LOL

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh how fun! Enjoy your stitching today! That hoop looks like the perfect size for embroidery.

Astrid said...

That's a beautiful blue DMC and cute stitchery. Enjoy your Sunday!

Ivani said...

It is never too late to starta new embroidery, Deb.
Have fun and happy stitching.

Julierose said...

Frosty McChill is really cute!! I find that if I haven't hand embroidered for a while it takes me time to get back in the groove Enjoy your quiet time stitching hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I think your Frosties will be great in that pretty blue! A few stitches a day, and you'll have this one finished before you know it. Hope the kids have a fun day at Grandma's!

Anonymous said...

Cute snowman! Enjoy your stitch day. My closest grandchild is 3 hours away. I would love some grandma days!!

a good yarn said...

The knobbly thread sounds like a great idea. This is going to be a super cute quit.

Miaismine said...

Your header quilt is absolutely lovely! I’ve been saving Melissa’s patterns and hoping to stitch them up! Yours looks great!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Aaah , Frosty is already looking fabulous in blue. I can not wait to follow your progress on him and thank you so much for adding him to your Slow Stitching Sunday. You certainly brought a smile to my day.