Saturday, January 28, 2023

RSC in blues.


I made another set of 4 of these this week. The dinosaur fabric from when Aidan was little makes me smile.
I have another side of binding to stitch down on Hoarfrost and hope to have that completed this weekend.
It was a frosty start to the day in Florida. Emily needed to scrape the windshield before we headed out for the early feed at school of the animals.


 A quick stop at Dunkin on the way home and a quilt on my feet to warm them up, before we head out for her horse riding lesson. Her fellow Cadets in her girl scout troup are coming over this afternoon to work on building their free library house for their Silver Award. Greg is helping the girls to build it. He'll do the circular saw, but the girls will be using the hand saw, drills and hammers to build it. 

Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Thank goodness we will have other blue/teal months. Not many scraps were played with in January.



8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like you have been having some cold mornings lately hope we get spring soon but have more winter weather coming this week first

Julierose said...

Your blue (split 9-patch are they?) blocks are really striking...nice work...
hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

Love those Split Nine blocks! Florida Frost is quite unusual!

Ivani said...

I love the split nine patch block, it is so versatile. Enjoy to stitch down the last side of binding. Happy weekend, Deb.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your blue split 9s are pretty! I remade my first two with the center piece a square instead of an HST and like them so much better. My Ocala sister-in-law likes to torment Mike about how nice it is there, compared to our temps here, so I will have to show him your frosty windshield! :)

Helenchaffin said...

Interesting layout,I luv it!

a good yarn said...

It's such a nice feling when a piece of fabric, even a small scrap, conjures a happy memory. A frosty morning morning would be a welcome change around here.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Hey, I recognize that dino fabric! Nice blocks. And what a good thing, to help the scouts build a little free library. New skills for the kids, and free books for everyone. As a retired librarian, I am very cheered by these little libraries!