Saturday, January 7, 2023

RSC 2023!

 It is always fun to start a new year of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Since the scraps are still overtaking the sewing area, I'm joining in again this year. 

With a RSC 16 patch stars finish this week, I feel good starting some new projects this year. Everything is subject to change... you know, as life and what you feel like sewing tends to interfere occasionally!

I want to play with my Accuquilt Dies a bit more this year. I might make some one or two color quilts in certain months. I may play with some all year long! 

The first ones I want to start with are the kite dies from the 8 inch Cube companion angles - die #14 and #15. I reached into the blue bin and pulled out this pretty blue and since I have this bin unsorted, there was also 2 pieces of this white dotted print in there too. A quick press and they went through the die and cut out these parts for me. I'll plan to sew them up later today. I might mix things up and have some in the reverse with the background as the kite. We will see what happens!



Since it is the blue month, I also plan to work on quilting this blue and white UFO called Hoarfrost. Pattern is from Joanne at Canuckquilter, although I did modify 2 of the snowflakes a bit. Foundation piecing and I don't mix well. I appliqued the last 2 snowflakes!



Linking up with Angela and the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2023

Emily and her Dad headed to school for morning feeding of the animals in a chilly start to the morning in Florida at 35 degrees!  I'll jump in the shower and be ready to take her to her horse riding lesson mid morning and then she also has the afternoon feeding. I see a bit of driving time in my life today. Horses is about 30 minutes away and school is about 20 minutes in the other direction.


7 comments:

scraphappy said...

I am tempted to play with my die cutter this year as well now that I will have a bit of space to keep it set up. It is so satisfying to zip though random scraps and make perfect shapes instantly. Love the stars!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I bet 35 degrees feels pretty chilly for you after it is so much warmer most of the time - I like that block

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That looks like a fun block to play with! I bet they make some neat secondary designs. The blue quilt is gorgeous - glad to see you've pulled it out to finish!

Julierose said...

Gosh it's colder there than here in CT--43 --but gray and raw with a N wind.
the kites in blues will be so pretty...Enjoy your 2023 RSC hugs, Julierose

Astrid said...

Gorgeous blue quilt and so is the star quilt. Looks like a fun block to work on. I had to covert 35F to Celsius; +1.6C in FL?! Didn't know it gets that cold there! Sending some of the 86F + high humidity we have these days.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a fabulous idea to combine learning about your Accuquilt dies with participating in the 2023 RSC. Should make for a delightful quilt.

grammajudyb said...

The blue and white Hoarfrost quilt is beautiful ! I hear you on paper piecing! I like the precision of paper piecing, but ooh it’s a struggle for me! I’ve been saving up and hope to invest in an AccuQuilt cutter this spring! It would be great to get accurate cutting followed by accurate piecing!