Tuesday, January 3, 2023

First finish of the year! 16 Patch Stars


 I am so happy to call this quilt completed! I machine quilted around all the stars. Then outlining on the white parts a / through the square area and outlining around the white box between the stars. A simple squiggle line in the border all around. It should hold the quilting enough for plenty of washings with the warm and natural batting. I used the backing for the binding. It is a galaxy type print with splashes of pink, purple, blue and green. I just need to finish trimming a few stray ends from quilting and get it washed and ready for gifting. This is #14 on my Winter 2023 UFO list. 

Feels good to get that first finish out of the way! I'm using this as my December 2022 Table Scrap Challenge with the rainbow stars... a bit bigger than normal but.... it is a finish!

8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

nice finish!

Julierose said...

Congratulations on your 1st finish of 2023!! I love that border color--really makes everything pop...lovely work hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's beautiful, Deb! I love the stars, but also the 4 patch design that shows up where the blocks are sewn together. It will make a lovely gift!

Ivani said...

Congrats on this beautiful RSC finish, Deb! Happy 2023!!

Astrid said...

Congrats on the first 2023 finish Deb! It's beautiful, love the stars.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Great finish! I love the bright colors and the pink border makes the colors pop. ~Jeanne

a good yarn said...

That's a terrific quilt and must have used a lot of scraps.The stars really pop.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Way to go, Deb!! What's next on the list?