Monday, March 18, 2019

Block #8 - Hand Pieced Quilt Along.....

Well, I got one of my first Block #8 done.  I seem to have forgotten to cut out the second block and I am away from my fabrics.... it will have to wait until Saturday to cut out the second one.

I did cut out parts for 2 of block #9 that was released today..... =) they are all marked for hand piecing.

Maybe I'll piece a little while we are playing Michigan Rummy this afternoon. The kids are enjoying their time in Vermont and spending lots of time outside playing in the snow and when inside playing games! They found Master Mind.... we played that a lot over the weekend. Then they found the Clue game, I hear I get to do that again today as well. Aidan won last nights game - it was Mrs. Peacock with the revolver in the Conservatory! 
We will include Grammy and maybe Grandpa with the Michigan Rummy game... but I need to look up the rules it has been so  long since I have played it. As the youngest of five kids, we played a lot of board games growing up and my kids enjoy playing them as well. I did see a game of Parchisi in the stack.... I have great memories playing that with Mrs. Brown a few camps down in the summer on her back porch overlooking the lake. She was the licorice lady - always had red licorice for me when I went over and if it was blueberry season, the point where their camp was had tons of wild blueberry bushes that we got to pick from.   Sometimes she would put a few in a bowl with milk and a little sugar. So yummy and some great memories.
Off to finish the lunch dishes then board games are on tap for the afternoon.




2 comments:

Patty said...

Block looks great! Thanks for linking up with the Hand Pieced QAL!

Ellen said...

Your fabrics are so pretty. :) Sounds like everyone is having fun on vacation.