Saturday, March 23, 2019

Saturday.....

Well, there is green grass and bushes in Florida.... much different from the snowstorm we left in Vermont yesterday .... where my parents got around 18 inches of snow Friday/Saturday. Too bad the kids were not there to shovel for them!

I finished stitching up the green hexagons for the green in the RSC Challenge this week. I think I might have spied a few more sitting on the sewing table.... I think they are multiplying!


I have attached 24 of them so far this month to their black background. I am hand appliquéing them onto the black..... and most of them were basted back in January although I do see that flowered one still needs basting. I originally hand pieced these hexagon pieces into flowers - not EPP a few years ago with the challenge. We must have had 2 months of green =).

I have added them to the red from January and yellow from February. I do wonder what color Angela will pull for the month of April? I have pink, purple, light blue, teal, dark blue, brown and orange left to go. All have been basted except for a handful of dark blue.

I also did a little hand stitching on the Hand Pieced Quilt Along block #9. This is the final block in the sew along. I cut out my second #8 block wrong... those darn flying geese! I keep putting the color and background in the wrong place!  I need to recut that one out to work on tonight or tomorrow. Color placement sure does change the look of these blocks!

I also have some binding to stitch down this evening.... can you tell I am relaxing today? We finished a little quilting with the machine on Aidan's quilt before we left and he picked out fabric for a binding. I was able to stitch it to the front by machine before we left. That leaves 4 sides - 60 inches each of binding for me to sit and stitch down this weekend. I did tell him I'd hand quilt something in orange in each of the 16 stars..... Sorry for the bad light... but I did get all 3 cats! Sophie is the queen at age 14 on my recliner, Ollie (age 1) is on the corner of the quilt and Peanut (his brother also age 1) is not interested and walking right by...until I start to work on it... then he will think he needs to help! Silly boy.


Linking up with RSC Challenge on Saturday, Hand Pieced Quilt Along,  and Slow Sunday Stitching.

10 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I bet you were kind of glad to miss 18 inches of snow!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Welcome home!! Looks like you got a fair amount of GREEN "plane sewing" done. Sweet!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That sounds like a pretty extreme change from Vermont to Florida! All your stitching looks wonderful. I'm wondering how you press those seams on the back of the hand-pieced star blocks. That's something I've struggled with!

Kate said...

Beautiful hexie blocks! That black really makes them pop! Love your three little helpers.

Auntie Em said...

I can't believe what a large supply of hexagon flowers you have to pick from. I think the black sets them off very nicely.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such lovely hexagons! And you are doing an amazing job keeping up with the hand piecing blocks!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching and sharing your projects!

Joean said...

Beautiful blocks. I have a lot going on right now and a box of flowers ready to go.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Glad to hear you are safely home and warm again!!!!
Love those hexie flowers and I am thinking once my hand piecing blocks are finished ( I have the last 3 all cut and marked and one nearly put together!!) I might work on some hexie flower blocks--time will tell I guess!!!
have a great week--
luv, di

Birthe Marie said...

Wonderful hexagon projects you work on! It's beautiful with the black background. :-)

Patty said...

Block looks great! Thanks for linking up to the Hand Pieced QAL!