Thursday, March 21, 2019

Thursday.... crochet and an Awl....

Well, I did get 2 towels crocheted for Mom while I was here..... I might try and squeeze in one more but we will see how time allows. She mentioned an Awl to poke the holes since I hate using the crochet hook to do that. Sometimes if it is a tight weave towel it is a bit difficult to poke that through. Mom mentioned using an awl and got hers out. Wow - that works great. I think I might even have one in my craft room for card making that might get re purposed to do towels. If not... the boy searched on the internet and found them at Walmart and hardware stores for under 10 dollars.

We have been busy and the kids have been getting their snow time in. Yesterday we went out and saw the camp in winter after we did disc golf in the morning.

They had fun sledding down the hill onto the frozen lake. It was a beautiful day - in the mid to upper 40's and sunny.
Tuesday night we did a  free cooking club that my sister signed us up for. We made scones and they were really yummy using yogurt. I'll add the recipe to my blog at some point. We made a batch that night with Aidan's, Tuesday morning with Emily's we added orange zest and craisins and today I added cinnamon sugar to the top of my batch. Grammy has lots of scones leftover!



4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have made scones with yogurt and loved the way they turned out - I thought they weren't as dry as some are.
looks like you all are having fun in the snow! the sun will be waiting for you when you get home I bet

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Am happy to see everyone is having fun whether making scones or playing in the snow--
as I as cutting out tiny fabric bits for the hand piecing blocks (yep behind!!) I did have a little laugh--for some reason you popped into my head --and I thought of your kids in the snow on spring break--most everyone else headed to the beach for spring break--but went north to the snow country!!!! Thanks for the chuckle!!
luv, di

Quilter Kathy said...

Sounds like a wonderful time!
I love having those towels to hang on the stove handle

Gretchen Weaver said...

Looks like you've had a great visit, Emily and Aidan are having so much fun! Happy Stitching and safe travels back home.