Sunday, March 31, 2019

Slow stitching Sunday....

Well, knowing I was busy today I kinda did a slow stitching Saturday! I finished off the 2 sides of binding on Aidan's quilt and then... added a little hand quilting square inside each of the 16 stars on his quilt. He was rolling around on the floor in it when it was finished..... he is very happy his quilt is officially done! This quilt is called Twilight Hopscotch from a Kim Diehl book. Aidan picked out the colors and did sew a seam or two and did a row of the machine quilting. Someone does not have the patience for it so Mom had to take over.


I hope to have a couple of hours of hand stitching while at Skyzone today for a birthday party. I have 2 green umbrella's that need to get finished off for the month.. and hopefully I can get back on track with my tiny tuesday posts this month of April. I had time to draw them on the back but will have to pull fabrics for it when I get home from dropping Aidan to Grandma's house.


Wish me luck next weekend... I'll be at the girl scout camp with 9 of the girls from my troop. Friday night through Sunday morning..... we progressed them up to a cabin this year - 4 girls in each room on either side of the adult little room in between. We will see how they do! My one daisy will stay at the other site with my co-leader and her daisy troop so they are all in the same room with adults. She will be with me all the other times though. I expect to be very tired next Sunday!

Linking up with Kathy's Quilts and the other Slow Sunday Stitchers today.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

a cabin sounds more comfortable for your girl scouts then the tents (my opinion lol) have fund

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on the finish! Aidan will be so happy with this quilt!
Enjoy your stitching today!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on completing Aidan's quilt. Just think of all the wonderful memories he will have where it is concerned. (Never mind that they may vary from reality! LOL) Good luck at GS Camp next weekend. I have a feeling you're going to need it!!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Aidan's quilt looks awesome and he did well even with patience on his first quilt. Oh my I am busy with a grand dog can't imagine a whole girl scout troup but I bet it will be fun! Enjoy your slow stitches every minute you can muster.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Isn't Aiden's quilt fun?! I love the bright orange in it. Glad to hear he is so pleased with it! Enjoy your GS camp next weekend - I still remember loving those experiences from when I was growing up!

Birthe Marie said...

Congrats on the finish quilt! Love the bright and happy colors! Happy stitching!