Saturday, March 30, 2019

Last green RSC...

Well, it is not the end of the month yet, thank goodness. I have a couple of days left to finish  off some green sewing.

I got 2 of the 4 green umbrella's finished this week.

And finished off the last of the green hexagons adding to their black background.


As for the log cabin blocks... progress was made!

 I pulled the really mostly bright ones out and have created some new ones.  There are 4 more on the sewing machine for those 4 spots.



I have decided to increase the 12 inch blocks to 14 inches.... to make it  a wee bit bigger and then will add a border to add a little more to get it to the 90+ inch range all around. I should have some sewing time today to get those blocks all finished off to the new 14.5 inch unfinished size. Tomorrow... hubby is working so I get to shuttle one to grandma's...pick up another and bring 2 girls to Skyzone for an afternoon birthday party. Other mom - my co-leader is busy and she was having her hubby go but I said I'd take her daughter with me so he can stay home with their other kids. I think the other 2 umbrella's will be worked on tomorrow afternoon...hey - it's 2 hours of waiting time!

Linking up with the RSC Challenge. Now I'm off to Joanns - the whole troop is doing tie dye Monday night and making swaps... so I need to go get the shirts!

Oh, leftover pork loin from the other night has become cuban sandwiches for lunch... love coming up with a 'new' look for leftovers! It also makes hubby happy - he loves cubans and we are lucky to have cuban bread in certain stores near us.

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm not a fan of making Log Cabin blocks, after completing 2 LC quilts, but I absolutely LOVE how your GREEN blocks are stacking up!! Sigh... remind me about how much I dislike making Log Cabin blocks, please. Your blocks look SEW tempting!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

neat log cabin blocks! I'm not sure how many I have made over the years, but none recent

Cathy said...

Lots of lovely green scrappiness happening at your place! And you are obviously inspiring others too! LOL

Julie in GA said...

You have all sorts of beautiful scrappy green projects in the works! They all look wonderful!

Auntie Em said...

Of course I love your hexie blocks! The Log Cabin blocks done in greens are really pretty. Looks like kitty approves!

Marly said...

Deb, your log cabins look 3-D! I've never seen that before in a log cabin quilt. Very neat! Have fun with the umbrellas.