Monday, March 11, 2019

Sunday progress...... log cabin blocks and a pinned quilt!

Yes, Aidan's quilt got pinned. It will be a long week with him I fear - very excited about our trip to Vermont. We will see if he is alive come Friday. Hopefully having him quilt this in the afternoon will help calm him down?


I also got some log cabins added to the pile.... 31 blocks completed! Now.... I am not so sure I like how it is coming out.... I'll have to think on it a bit...... Maybe moving things around might help? I'm thinking I should have either done the brights only or non brights. Will have to think on it. Might change gears completely..... Time will tell. I just laid these out.... no plan and it probably won't be this setting. With the 3 extra blocks on the bottom this would finish now at 72 inches square.


3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hope you have decent weather for your trip to the north! you will most likely see some snow this year!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Your quilt is not bad--and it would make a lovely quilt for hospice or a shut in--so I would just keep it going and finish it as is-and then 'start' over again with the new color way you would like to try--(that's my 2 cents worth anyway!!!)
So you are coming up north here--actually you will be even further north than I am in NY state--pray for a safe trip and some fun times for all--
luv, di

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I love the log cabin colors - that is one of my favorite blocks - the log cabin!!!