Saturday, March 16, 2019

Weekend post in Vermont!

Spring break time for the kids and they requested SNOW! So, on the plane we went on Friday and arrived in a balmy 55 degree Vermont. The kids have been outside playing all afternoon yesterday and today enjoying the snow. Hey - we were in mid 80's on Thursday in Florida so this is so fun for them. It has been 4 years since they have played in snow.



Me.... I cut out some parts for the hand pieced quilt along before I left and completely forgot to bring the ruler I use to mark it! Oops... a trip to Joann's today while running errands had me pick up a diamond template for use with Jelly Rolls.... hey, it has the 1/4 inch mark clearly on it and I can use it later as a diamond template for a future hand pieced project! The bonus.... it was not on sale so I got to use my 60% off coupon!

That allowed me to piece these parts while the kids were outside playing and Mom was making a banana bread to pop into the oven after the birthday cake came out.

I also have 12  green hexagons all prepped to be hand appliquéd down onto the black background.

The kids are staying over at my sisters tonight.... after dinner and birthday celebrations at my brothers house for Grammy's 80th (back on the 5th) and Emily's 10th... April 7th.  I'll pick them up around lunchtime.... assuming I can get up the muddy road... and bring them to see maple syrup being made!

Linking up on Saturday with the RSC Challenge where green is the color for March. Sunday linking up with Kathy's Quilts and Slow Stitching Sunday.


11 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

oh so much snow! I bet the kids are loving it - I think all kids love snow until they are in their teens and then they stay in the house unless it is time to go snowboarding or skating or something - have fun visiting your family and celebrating birthdays

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh look at all that ugly snow! I don't think I could do it anymore but kids that's a different story! Looking forward to block 9 Monday!

Ellen said...

Oh boy...I am glad someone is enjoying the snow!

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh how fun! A holiday, playing in the snow and hand quilting!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Fun!!! I'm so glad to see our snow melting but now it's flooding. I am ready for spring. ~Jeanne

The Joyful Quilter said...

Wait, what! How can Emily be turning 10 next month? Wasn't she just 8 a minute ago?!?! Happy stitching and glad that the kids are having fun in the snow.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm glad you got to go see your family, and that the kids are enjoying the snow! And a little bit of hand stitching thrown in is good, too. Enjoy!

The Cozy Quilter said...

Most people here go south for a holiday this time of year...glad your kids were able to enjoy the snow! Happy stitching!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Fun in the snow! Great buy on the new ruler.

Deanna W said...

The kids are happy and entertained and you get to quilt...isn't is great when everyone is happy!

Deb said...

I love going north to romp in the snow, something I do every few years since moving to Florida 22 years ago. Love those hexie blocks.