Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sunday......

Another week has flown by! The kids are off to Grandma's house....

There is a list of what I should do... and a list of what I want to do. Wonder which one will get worked today?

I promised the boy I would get his quilt pinned today.... that is a must. I need to cut out my hand pieced quilt along block #7 I think? I did pull fabrics.

The next one is released tomorrow and I have yet to cut out last weeks! That will get done today as well....and one of the 2 will get hand stitched.
This is a photo of the hand pieced blocks so far. I am loving them in the blue and white I selected.


A little of the should list.... groceries.... silly people think they need to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner each and every day! Including snacks when they get home from school around 2:30 cause their lunch is crazy early at 10:35 and they are starving when they get home!  Laundry - something about wearing clean clothes? Finding what is under surfaces covered in 'stuff'..... Hmmm. Might try and clear a few and dust and vacuum. Then.... there is packing although that should be fairly easy as it will be 'warm' clothes needed for where we are headed later this week. We are in shorts and short sleeves down here in Florida right now.

At least 2 of the 4 nights are easy for me this week - Monday scouts is touring our local Publix grocery store so no planning for me!, Tuesday is kids soccer practice - hey - hand work time for 90 minutes!, Wednesday is nothing.... shhhh don't tell anyone!, Thursday is soccer games for the kids..... and they both have the late game at 6:35. I'll pop them home to get in jammies after, grab packed bags and drive to Sanford for the night and we travel early Friday AM flying up to cold country in Vermont for a week. I'm thinking Wednesday will be prepping all that hand work I want to take with me on the plane and for at Mom's house. PS, Dad I'm stealing that Ott lamp for the week while I am there!

Emily started off my morning by bringing her singer knitting machine into my room and starting to make a scarf on my bed with it. We had a couple of oopses where it came off but I think I fixed it and also got it taken off and finished. She has a scarf now for the cold winter weather we are headed to Friday when the kids break from school starts. I was going to show a photo of it... but she brought it to Grandma's to show her!

Time to get moving.. must get those first 2 crossed off the list so I can maybe do some of the other things. So much for sewing green and cream log cabins all day today as was my original plan...... but if I can finish the ones I have in process I will be about half way to my goal of 64 blocks!

Linking up with the Slow Stitchers over at Kathy's Quilts. May you schedule some time to hand stitch something and relax today.....

Oh - a few photo's from the Engineering Day we did with the kids yesterday. Everyone was exhausted by last night!
Greg was with Emily and I was with Aidan. They were in different age groups so they did different things... except they both did the egg drop.... from 55 feet up in a bucket loaded and yes, they both went up and dropped their egg! Neither broke. I have a video of Aidan's and a photo of Em 'after'.

Aidan built a bridge, 'Creeky' which held 15 kilograms of weight before it crumbled.

Water filtration - his was not too bad at 120... the winner was 34.4 and some were in the 400 range. his was fairly clear from the murky water they started with. Then the egg drop. Video of Aidan's drop below.



7 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sounds like a busy week leading up to break!! What fun they must have had at Engineering Day. My guys LOVED that stuff!

Quilter Kathy said...

Your hand pieced blocks are gorgeous in blue and white! I am 2 weeks behind... better get stitching!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

gosh what a busy week - egg drop sounds interesting! why oh why do they have kids eat their lunch so early at school - I thing I heard of them doing that here too that they need to divide them up into so many groups to fit them all in the lunch room - no wonder they are hungry when they get home though - need bigger lunch rooms and that cost money! Your hand piece blocks look good

The Cozy Quilter said...

I always live to see a blue and white quilt! I remember doing science days when I was in high school

Deb A said...

They start school at 7:45 around here and are out at 2:05. Technically - it is halfway through their day. Aidans gifted day Thursday is the last lunch at 12:05 so he brings lots of snacks that day and his teacher has always allowed snacking on her days as they always have the last lunch time.

The Cozy Quilter said...

*love

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your blue and white blocks are getting prettier and prettier, Deb! I hope you have a great Spring Break in Vermont - it's such a beautiful state. Wishing you some slow stitching time during your vacation, too!