Saturday, March 9, 2019

RSC in green!

I did get a little green sewing in this week.

A slew of the bright green hexagon flowers were appliquéd onto their background. We must have had 2 months of green when I was making them  - light and bright, dark and sage since I have lots and lots of green flowers to stitch up. I was concentrating on the brights and still have a pile to work through. Good thing they are portable and will probably be hand work on the plane next week. I just need to prep the black backgrounds so I have enough.

No umbrellas yet in green and I am one behind on the yellow. But.. I do have that plane and waiting time at the airport coming up =)

Head on over and check out the other green progress at the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I'll be checking in later tonight - I have an engineering event to go to with the kids today at the Discovery Center.

Another green - Emily's girl scout vest over the Samoa cookie (which needs lots of patches sewn on!). We did a couple of booths yesterday and she met her goal of 300 cookies sold! We had one on our lawn on a busy road.... love the guy who bought 3 cases! Then my co-leader had one scheduled at Winn Dixie last night so her daughter could reach her goal of 1200 boxes.... she had 65 to go as of yesterday morning! She met her goal too! Last weekend of cookie sales... thank goodness!

9 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Yum! Yum!! That's a LOT of cookies!!! Best of luck with the airplane sewing. Your Hexie Flowers are looking good in GREEN!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your green hexie flowers are great! I'm liking that hand stitching is so portable - so nice to be able to sew anywhere. I've enjoyed a few boxes of GS cookies this year- sounds like you are very ready to be done with them!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like the people in your area are really buying cookies!! I wonder if the girls are out here at the parking lots today - hope not this morning though thunderstorms to start at anytime but they can be out in the afternoon when the sun comes out! Your hexies are looking great.

Chris said...

That's a lot of cookies!

LA Paylor said...

love those widdle hexie flowers on black!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love those Hexies! OH to be able to eat wheat, corn, and real food! I would buy about a case of the chocolate ones!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Glad to hear that Emily reached her goal--
and I wonder--are you glad the cookie sales are over cause of the time it took to sell them or--the temptation to eat some everytime you were around them????:)
luv, di

Kathy's A Quilter said...

WOW, that is a lot of cookies, were they the mint (green)? Your green hexagons are adorable.

Angie said...

Love those hexie flowers on the black backgrounds! I hope you get plenty of stitching time during your travels this week!