Sunday, March 3, 2019

Weekend at the beach....

Family was in town this past week so we ended up at the beach on Friday/Sat and came home today. I had plans to sit and stitch....yup - the full bag did not even get opened!

Today I'm sitting on the back screened in porch with 2 kitties who are happy we are home with a little slow stitching. 

I need to remake block #6 of the hand pieced quilt along as I had the flying geese part wrong - I swapped the colors so I went ahead and turned it upside down to make this fun block instead. A bonus block! Now to make my 2 blue ones before the next block is released tomorrow.
Linking up with the other slow stitchers at Kathy's Quilts.


 It was nice to enjoy family time, beach time and relax with the sound of the waves coming in on the beach and the feet walking in the sand. We saw a pod of dolphins off shore - I think there is one fin showing in the below photo's. My sister wanted to go to New Smyrna Beach so we headed there and did our first Airbnb. It was a nice 100 feet walk to the beach and a little efficiency apartment below someones house. Nice for a couple of days and gave us a separate room from the kids and a kitchen area to also hang out in. The kids were busy playing some of the games that were there... it kept them entertained and they had fun playing it with their cousins and with me last night and our family of 4 this morning after breakfast and before the bocci on the beach. Someone got a wee bit too much sun (hubby, and kids but hubby was the worst) so he stayed and packed up the car this morning while the kids and I got another hour on the beach playing, searching for shells and a little walk in the water.











Plenty of pretty shells to see.


7 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I guess at this time of year there the beaches are starting to get some action - I can't even imagine it LOL- 35 for our high today :( and 18 tonight!!! where is spring I'm so ready for it

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun!! A beach weekend in February. I'm GREEN with envy! :P

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Isn't it wonderful how different a block can look when we switch up the fabric or turn a piece a different way. The beach sounds wonderful I hope to go next week.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a fun weekend! I am looking forward to some beach time on the Pacific coast in May. I like your hand-pieced block, even if the geese are turned wrong!

Kim said...

How fun to spend a relaxing couple of days at the beach with family. Hexies are always fabulous to stitch when out and about....but sometimes when at the beach one needs to just sit and relax and do absolutely nothing. =)

Quilter Kathy said...

I think your block looks great!
How wonderful to be by the water instead of in the snow :)

Ellen said...

You did a great job on 'saving' your block - I think it is really cute. Beach weather is just a distant dream around here!