Thursday, May 27, 2021

Graduation quilt D9P progress this morning.

 It was time for a lunch break so I figured I'd show my progress on quilting today.... after some of the cat drama was calmed down. I did have a pressing helper which made this process go much quicker. She did a good job. So first I cut my 5 inch blocks then sewed them into a nine patch. I made sure my middle red was now 4.5 inches and sliced down the middle measuring 2.25 inches from the red in both directions and cut.


That gave me these 4 blocks.


I turned the top left and bottom right blocks so the red was in the corners.


Sewed them together and got this block!



I had Emily pressing for me and she also pressed a few more fabrics I grabbed over the weekend so I can cut them and add to the white and black piles for more variety. This is the first 8 blocks of the 24 I plan to make for a 4x6 setting. It should come to a nice twin size with a border or two.



Now for the cat drama. Last night - Peanut and Ollie (LeeLee or Oliver is the true name) were fine and I was laying on the floor petting both and they got along. We believe they were brothers and were bonded so we got them together about 3 years ago. Late last night around 11... all of a sudden Peanut was chasing Lee and lots of hissing and cat growling. Normally they do this and swap and it is playful around 9PM . Not last night. 3 of us heard and all came out to investigate. I separated them and all was quiet for an hour or so when it happened again. Peanut chasing and attacking Lee. Originally they flew in from outside on the porch. Not sure if another cat or animal was out there and sprayed him or what. But Peanut is acting like he doesn't know him and he is an intruder. We have had peeing outside the box lately but I was trying to figure out which one before taking to the vet and we did separate where the litter boxes were thinking maybe someone was not letting them through (sometimes Sophie sits at the entrance and does not let the boys in). I called the vet - I have an appt for Lee tomorrow as they did not have time slot for both boys. I figure the non aggressor might have a medical issue - bladder infection or something and we can get him checked out first. Never a dull moment at my house.

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those D9P blocks are so great with the red cornerstones! With Emily helping you, you'll be done in no time. Sorry about the cat drama - hope everyone is okay! Your summer meals ideas in the previous post all sounded yummy. I'm curious what's in the Greek rub. I made some pulled pork in the crockpot the other day that turned out great!

Julierose said...

Very pretty blocks--I like that red in the corners a lot!!
Hope your Memorial Day weekend will be a good one--we are expecting
rain and cold weather...but good for sewing, right???
hugs, Julierose

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Deb, just caught up on your posts. Sounds like your kids have had a good year in school despite all the epidemic stuff. Congrats to them. I loved reading about your Greek food. The graduation quilt is coming along nicely especially like those pops of red. Wonder what is going on with those kitties!

Dona said...

I made one just like this a few years ago as a raffle quilt. I am going to start a queen size one for my son and his wife in the exact same colors. I thought they might want something different than red but my daughter in law is a graduate of Rutgers so we have to go with Rutger's red