Monday, May 17, 2021

Graduation Quilt

 Yes, the high school graduation is this year.... and I hope to have this completed by the end of June so it can fly up with me to Vermont.

First step - pick a pattern and colors. Black,white and red were selected. I showed a photo of a disappearing nine patch in those colors and it was approved. I got to Joanns yesterday and I think it was the quickest I have ever picked out 13 fabrics for a quilt in my life! Cut and paid for was this bunch of goodness.



Now to start cutting and hope my math was correct! I have never done this pattern before but it looks 'easy' to do. We will see how it goes. 

This is the photo I sent for approval I found on Pinterest by searching on black and white disappearing nine patch quilts. Another had the instructions using 4.5 inch squares to make the nine patch. Fingers crossed it works out for a twin size!


I have a crazy week coming up after a crazy weekend of running errands all... day.... long! 
Saturday was horses, then home for lunch then arrive late to a birthday party which I ended up staying at until after 5Pm with her. Honestly no clue what I did that night but being outside all day in Florida in May... I was probably in my recliner! The weather just drains me!
Sunday - once the kids left for Grandma's around noon I had about 5 hours or running. Seems the Dollar Tree was out of helium - at both stores I tried for balloons. I was picking up things for bridging and end of year scouts party tonight and then the fabrics. My badges I ordered last Saturday are still in route - so those won't be handed out but the water balloons did arrive so I'm calling it a win. They will bridge up from the last 2 years to their new units. Then will have some snacks of veggies, fruits and cookies. Then a water ballon fight... and yes, I expect to get soaked as well. I think I'll man the hose! Hehehe.
Wednesday I have school awards for Emily in the evening. Friday night we have Emily's FFA banquet. I'm assuming I will get an invite to Aidan's awards this week for next Monday night. Last day of school is Wednesday May 26. The kids are counting down the days.....


7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are great colors and the perfect pattern for a quick quilt, too! The end of the school year is always crazy, isn't it? It won't be long now. Have fun with your Girl Scout party!

Chris said...

The disappearing nine patch is a simple design to make if You don't try to use a different colour in each block like I did. You can do this.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think school ends that same day here.neat colors and should be a fast quilt

Julierose said...

Great color choices for the disappearing 9-patch quilt...
you have a busy time ahead. hugs, julierose

Ray and Jeanne said...

You chose great fabrics! The disappearing 9-patch goes together quickly once you get your measurements figured out. If it doesn't work out to a twin size, add borders! ~Jeanne

The Joyful Quilter said...

That grad quilt is going to be AWESOM, Deb!!!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Disappearing 9 Patch is an easy one and you picked out some great colors - I love the black, red and white! Boy, I got tired just reading all the things you were doing! Hugs