Sunday, May 30, 2021

Slow Sunday stitching...

It has been a slow week for any hand stitching. I did manage to add a few rows to the knitted dish cloth. I do love my bamboo needles. 


 This morning I finished up the last 5 of my QAYG hexagons that I prepped yesterday. There are 32 this month... when I counted I had 26... even though I thought I had done 27. Turns out the red sox one was below the tin and in the cover so I didn't see it until after I had prepped the 5 to finish off the month. Oh well, an extra never hurts anything. I'm excited to prep some purple for the month of June with the RSC Challenge.  So far we have done pink, yellow, dark green, light blue and red. Purple will be a nice addition to the hexies.


I just tossed out some treats for the chickens and they all came running! As you can tell from the crispy grass we are really needing rain in my part of Florida. Looks like we get a chance of rain each day this week but we will see if we really get any or not.

Karen had made some granola and posted a photo on her blog.... which got me searching recipes and I'm going to give this one a try today. I think Greg and Em will be making a cheesecake today as well for tomorrow. I have the other 8+ pounds of pork shoulder in the crock pot today working on some pulled pork for the freezer. The recipe is in my recipe tab. 
I'm off to the sewing room to wrangle up a little more red before a good house cleaning happens. The girl finally woke up around 11AM so vacuuming can happen how! 

Linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers.


10 comments:

chrisknits said...

I love your hexies! Yum on the cheesecake!

Julierose said...

That granola recipe looks really yummy...Your hexagons are looking so pretty all together...I have to sew my hexagons together now that they are all quilted.
Hope your weather is better than ours: rain/wind/cold!!
hugs for a Happy Memorial Day Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Yep--our grass looks mostly like that too here on the east coast--but they are saying storms for this late afternoon and evening--we will see!! love seeing those chickens and I bet you love all the eggs!! So summer is here for the 'rug rats'--kiddo's--wonder where the term run rats came from???
take care--luv, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your hexies have such fun reds in them! When you look back on this finish, you probably won't even realize you made an extra one. Homemade granola sounds really good!

Chris said...

That one hexie in the bottom row on the right looks purple. mMybe you could move it to next month.

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your hexies! I used to make homemade granola for my husband.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love granola - my granddaughter said she had room in her carry on to bring 2 bags back home - I told her she didn't have to LOL and she grabbed them out of my hands :)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Whoops! A missing then extra RED block? I'm ready for purple, too! I just bought a London Broil for tomorrow (and then DS1 came walking through the door when I got home.) Sigh... Not sure I bought a big enough one to feed him, too, but he didn't tell me he was headed home!

Kim said...

Bamboo knitting needles are great, arent they. Loving all those hexies.

Quilter Kathy said...

The hexies are so pretty! What a great project!
I have never tried bamboo needles... must put that on the list to experiment with.