Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Summer meals...

 It has reached hot in Florida with temps this week in the mid 90's.... 

I was thinking of meals and figured a crock pot one would be easy with awards Monday night. I made beef stew. The boy insisted you don't eat hot things when it is hot outside! I made a batch of Tatziki for him and he had that with pita while the rest had stew. I planned ahead and had a container of plain yogurt and cucumber to make the Tatziki. Some fresh minced garlic, lemon and olive oil with a little salt and some dried dill weed. Yummy. My kid tucks that into a half pita and gobbles it down, on repeat! 

Last night - I decided it was greek night - so used my grill pan and greek rub to grill some chicken tenders. Fresh greens and tomato, cucumber, red onion and black olives. I added some feta cheese and the grilled chicken with a vinegrette and that was dinner with Tatziki and pita on the side. Nice and light. The best part - I have leftover grilled chicken and fixings for salad for lunches the rest of the week! What are your 'warm weather' go to meals?



Tonight we will use the Papa John's robotics card one last time and get one large pizza and get one free after I pick up the kids from their last day of school! Tomorrow - they get their first vaccine. Just enough time to get the second shot a week before we fly next month.



3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

great that the kids will have the vaccines too before they see the grandparents - that is so good that you are doing that!

Angie said...

Just like you described - lots of salads with grilled meat, shrimp or fish. Different styles and combinations, but anything to keep cool and not heat up the kitchen!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Grilled anything... all year long!!!