Sunday, May 2, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching and a hand pieced top!

I spent the day relaxing/resting and hand stitching yesterday afternoon. I'm happy to say my Endless Diamond is finally a completed top! It needs a press and then I'll sandwich it for hand quilting in the hoop. It is 48x60. You can read more about this quilt by clicking on the Endless Diamond Tab above. This is completely hand pieced and I love how it came out! I checked back and started this around July 22, 2020!  



I started the Harmony hand pieced quilt along in February but only did step 1+2. I pulled it back out and did step 3 this week. I'll prep step 4 today. I am making the throw - so making 4 of the big blocks. I am using a FQ bundle of red, white and tan I picked up from the old Craftsy site.  My One Monthy Goal (OMG) will be to get Harmony to a top! Wish me luck.

 

14 comments:

Angela said...

That is so impressive! I have never completely hand pieced a quilt. Good for you!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love that top it looks so good and that you hand pieced it is extra! I used to hand piece all of mine

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful top, congratulations on the finish!

Maggie said...

A happy and bright top, full of colour. A finish top is a great start for the year.

Florida Farm Girl said...

Great job! I love that pattern.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Endless Diamonds is just beautiful! I've enjoyed watching you figure out those blocks and turn them into a quilt top this past year. Good luck with your goal on Harmony, too!

Marly said...

What a lovely design. Your diamonds are truly dynamic. Congratulations on persevering with the hand piecing.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Endless Diamond looks fabulous and looking forward to seeing Harmony progress- aaah gorgeous reds. Have a great week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting Endless Diamond pieced together, Deb. It's SEW beautiful!!!

CathieJ said...

Endless Diamond is gorgeous! Happy Dance! Love Harmony also.

Ray and Jeanne said...

It's beautiful! Endless Diamond is truly a work of art and a labor of love. ~Jeanne

Created by Kathi said...

Endless Diamonds is amazing Deb! I am sew excited to see this finish!!!! Enjoy what's next and how you plan to hand quilt this too :)
Kathi

Canuck Quilter said...

You did well! Do you find your hand sewing is sppeding up as you get all that practice? Harmony will be gorgeous in red, whenever you finish.

a good yarn said...

Oh my, your Endless Diamonds quilt looks amazing! That is such a terrific quilt and all hand pieced. I admire your skills in creating so many lovely quilts.